Rock Bottom

Spencer comes home to find Jasper drunk and belligerent... and truthful.

Warnings: alcoholism, addiction, child abuse, hard conversations, angst out the assssss. Next chapter will be fluffy and sweet!

I swear, we're gonna have a fluff set of chapters, of them settling into their lives together <3

Spencer spent the rest of the day staring at his lap. He called Jasper a few times but she didn't pick up, the ringing noise sending Spencer further and further toward panic. By the time the end of the day rolled around, he was itching to get out of Quantico.

He said his goodbyes to the team, shared a look with Luke, then headed back to Jasper's place. He hurried up the steps, shifting his bag on his arm and pulling out Jasper's set of keys. He'd taken them hoping she wouldn't leave the apartment, would instead stay in bed and sleep off the morning's episode. She still wasn't answering her phone, and Spencer's faith that she'd be on the other side was quickly fading.

She probably disappeared again. She probably left... again.

Spencer unlocked the door with a sigh, the sound of the lock sliding open echoing through the halls. As he opened it, music blasted through into the empty walkway, and Spencer flinched away from the gritty voice he recognized from their youth. Tom Waits grumbled through the speaker, booming into the night.

'The barn leaned over, the vultures dried their wings

The moon climbed up an empty sky'

Glass crunched under his feet as he stepped inside, and Spencer's hand flew to his waistband for his gun. Slowly, he entered the dark apartment, his blood rushing to his ears as the scent of whiskey burned his nostrils.

'The sun sank down behind the tree on the hill

There's a killer and he's coming through the rye'

Spencer scanned the place as the music blared. The lowlight from the streetlamps outside cast the room in shadow, but he spotted Booger sitting on the couch and his anxiety lessened. He didn't seem upset, and Jasper trusted his instincts and wouldn't leave without him, so Spencer holstered his gun and shut the door behind him, setting his bag down.

'But maybe he's the father of that lost little girl

It's hard to tell in this light'

There was a box on the coffee table, little Polaroids littering the wood. Spencer stepped past the broken glass and whiskey on the floor, his eyes latching onto a bright green flurry and a big smile.

A tiny Jasper grinned at the camera, missing two teeth in the middle as she twirled in a spring green sundress. A woman stood behind her, holding her dress up in the same way, her long raven hair falling in rivers of silk around her shoulders while Jasper's sprung up in all directions.