Chapter Thirty Nine

"Don't look around cause love is blind and darling right now i can't see you. I feel your pulse slowing down and down, i can feel you. Cause we are who we are, when no one's watching. And right from the start, you not i got you..."

Song: I won't Mind

Artist: Zayn Malik

(can we just take a moment that the artist is Zayn Malik.. alone...)

Selena

I look up at him in shock, but he keeps his eyes on his mom and sister. "Oh my!" His mom swoons. I focus my attntion back to them and give them a shy smile.

"Hi." I shyly mutter.

"Hello hun." She smile sweetly and engulfs me in a hug. "I'm sorry dear what was your name again?" She asks with a smile.

"Selena." I answer.

"Lovely name, lovely nme." She smiles as she keeps one of my hands in both of hers. "You're beautiful darling." She smiles.

"Oh, um, thank you." I chuckle shyly.

"You did well hun, i'm glad you improved much better." She smiles at Harry. I sense she was talking about his last girlfriend, but because she brought it up it seems as if he just got out of a relationship. Pushing the thought aside, his mom introduces me to his older sister, who is incredibly beautiful and kind. The three of us got into a small conversation about how i met Harry, and when his mom started bringing up his love life he was quick to pull me out of the converstion.

He kept his hand on the small of my back as he guided me through the yard, introducing me to a couple of family members that would occasionally stop him to talk to him. Each time he would say i'm his girlfriend they would all smile wide and engulf me in a big hug. I haven't questioned him about it because it'd be awkward if he were only saying that to his family so they don't ask.

We reach a table where a few people stand by, it has drinks and glasses to serve yourself whatever you'd like that's available. "Are you thirsty love?" He asks.

"Oh um, is there water?" I ask shyly.

"You don't wine or anything?" He asks with an amused smile. I shyly smile but shake my head. He chuckles slightly and takes a few step near a ice bucket, "voss or fiji?" He asks.

"Doesn't matter." I chuckle.

He chuckles again and leans down and pulls out a voss water bottle and returns to my side. Thanking him i stand beside him as he serves himself a glass of something. I look up and smile at the view of the city that they have. Their house is a bit up on a hill, so they get a lovely view. I take my phone out and open the camera to take a picture of it.

"You good babe?" He asks me.

"Oh, yeah i'm fine." I nod. He smiles and leans down, placing a soft kiss to my forehead and guides to a table. I grow shy when we arrive at it to find Harry's parents sitting their along with his sister and two other girls i haven't met. He opens a chair for me and i thank him and sit down. Placing my hands in my lap and playing with the water bottle. Harry greets the two girls but i'm in my own little world as i just look at the water bottle in my hands.

His family all seems so close to each other, and it makes me miss mine so much more. I love my job, and i love New York. It's been a dream of mine to live here ever since i was around thirteen. I seen a picture of New York in school and instantly fell in love with the way the lights were lit up at night. I love all the tall buildings and all the crowded streets. To top it all off i live here with Chris who's been by my side since primary school.