6: Just a dream

BETTY
Having gotten changed into the red dress (the dress above), I felt comfortable, the waist not invading my breathing space. The urge to vomit was held back, as I held my stomach.

Me: Here's the dress that Cheryl bought me.

Jughead: Woah. Cheryl 'Bombshell' Blossom allowed someone to wear a red dress? How special.

Me: Yeah. As long as I 'don't wear it to any events that she's attending'.

Jughead: Is our little snakelet being good for their beautiful mom?

Me: We're both doing well. The nausea hasn't faded, but it hasn't cause any vomiting, thank god.

Jughead: Well. I'll see you later tonight?

Me: Yeah. Love you, Juggie xx.

Jughead: Love you too Betts xx.

Putting my phone in the hidden pocket of my dress, I headed downstairs, the scent of roast and vegetables entering my nose as I looked down at the massive table filled with food that I was definitely going to vomit up later tonight, or even possibly tomorrow.

"Betty. Nice of you to join us." Auntie smiled as she stood up, guiding me to my spot at the table.

"So, how is that...Southside Serpent doing? What's his name, Jamie? Jones? Ah. Jughead." She smiled, finally remembering his name.

"He's doing just fine." I smiled, trying to figure out the motive behind the dinner.

"Eat up my dear Betty. I wouldn't want you going hungry." She insisted.

As soon as I took a few bites of my dinner, I could feel a wave of nausea, and it would end in vomit.

"M- May I please be excused? I need to use the bathroom." I held my stomach.

"Of course Betty. Upstairs to the left." Auntie gave me directions. Within seconds, I was running upstairs, the bathroom in my sight. I locked the door behind me, vomiting everything I had consumed within the past couple of hours.

Me: I don't think our little snakelet likes roast.

Jughead: Well, seeing as you've been craving items from the menu here at Pop's, I wouldn't be surprised. You vomit again?

Me: Yep. Don't worry. Auntie and Cheryl aren't at all suspicious.

Jughead: Good. You want me to come pick you up?

Me: Yes please. The scent of roast is now becoming something I want to escape.

Jughead: I'll be there soon.

Putting my phone away, I washed up, unlocked the bathroom door and was greeted by Cheryl who took me to her room.

"You're pregnant aren't you?" Cheryl cut to the chase.

"I don't know what you're talking about Cheryl. If I were pregnant, I wouldn't have come here for dinner." I objected.

"Don't try and throw me off. Two of the serpent scum have been acting suspicious, so I figured their weirdness would relate to Jughead, which then would relate to you. You held your stomach when you asked to go to the bathroom, and as soon as I heard the bathroom door lock, I heard you heaving. That means that you're vomiting. That also explains why you're always in the bathroom." Cheryl had figured it out.

"Fine. I am pregnant. Just over a month. Being your 3rd cousin, I ask that you keep it quiet. My mom doesn't know and Jughead's dad doesn't know. We aren't telling them yet." I tried to reason with her.

"I already lost a niece or nephew. I'm not going to lose another one." She placed her hand on my stomach. This was the first time that she had been pleasant.

"By the way, Polly is pregnant with twins. Juniper and Dagwood." I announced.

"Oh. Well, nevertheless. I have another chance to be the cousin I want to be. I can't wait to meet my first cousin, once removed." She hugged me.

"Wait, does that mean you'll let me be Auntie Cheryl?" She was hopeful.

"You should talk to Jughead about that. It's his baby as well." I laughed.

"If you don't mind. I'm going to head home. Jughead is picking me up in a minute. Our little snakelet isn't going to let me eat anymore of the roast." I smiled.

"Of course. I'll make up an excuse to your early exit." She was being kind to me for the first time ever.

"Thank you Cheryl." I smiled at her, leaving the house through the secret exit that she had once shown me.

Getting outside, I saw Jughead's motorbike.

"Hey beautiful." He kissed me as he placed his jacket on my cold body, also allowing me to wear his helmet.

Getting home, I had the urge to sleep.

"Juggie. I'm gonna sleep. I figure it's a good time to stock up on sleep, seeing as a unborn baby will cause problems in the future." I smiled, opening his bedroom door.

"I completely understand." He kissed my neck, letting me get changed, as he himself placed his pyjamas on.

Looking at my bare naked body in his floor-length mirror, he wrapped his arms around me. I covered myself.

"Babe, I've already seen you naked. Don't hide." He reassured me.

"In 3 months, this flat belly will turn into a big belly." I smiled, Jughead bringing me over to the bed as I placed my baby-blue silk pants and shirt.

"Goodnight Jug." I kissed him before I laid on my back, my eyes slowly closing.
———
Sleeping soundly, my back sinking into the mattress as the blanket was on the lower half of my body.

As I slept, I felt a hand on my stomach. Opening my eyes, I couldn't feel Jughead's body besides me. A storm having brewed outside, the light from the lightning captured my attention. Sitting up, I looked down at my stomach, pushing away the blanket, so my legs were exposed. Seeing a black handprint on my pyjamas, I was confused. Looking around, my eyes widened when I saw a tall lady standing near the mirror, dressed in all black, with a veil flowing down her face, sheer enough for me to see her white eyes staring back at me.

Jolting up from my position on the bed, I panicked, noticing that the lady that stood near the mirror, she was gone. I looked down, observing my clothing, as I noticed that the black handprint was gone.

"Juggie?" I looked over to see a passed out Jughead tossing and turning before sitting up.

"Hey, babe. You ok? Our little snakelet ok?" He lifted up my shirt to kiss my slightly visible baby bump, before placing his hand on my stomach.

"I- I just had a dream, or maybe a nightmare?" I was confused.

"What was it about?" He asked, also just as confused as I was.

"I felt a hand on my stomach. I looked down, seeing a black handprint on my pyjamas. I looked around the room and saw a tall woman standing near the mirror, dressed in all black, with a veil flowing down her face, sheer enough for me to see her white eyes." I told him about my dream. His confused features turned into a worried face as he got out of bed.

"Jug, where are you going? It's 4 am." I was confused as to why he was getting dressed.

"We're going to Toni's trailer." He explied.

"Why am I going?" I walked over to him.

"I have a feeling that your dream wasn't just a dream." The concern in his voice prominant.

"Should we go to the hospital?" I asked, confused.

"Not yet. We need to talk to Toni first." He explained, putting one of his robes around my body so I wouldn't freeze.

"Let's go." He held my hand as we made our way over to Toni's trailer.