9: Gladys and JB

BETTY
3 months. It had been 3 months since my mom had found out about the baby, and Jughead's dad had come back into town and also presumably found out about the baby.

By this time, I was living in Jughead's trailer, which was great, since his dad wasn't around and we had the place to ourselves. I, also had grown.

Looking at myself in the mirror for the first time today, I lifted up my shirt (one of Jughead's oversized t-shirts), and looked at my baby bump. It was definitely visible, and if you knew about the baby, you'd know that I wasn't just getting fat.

"Oh wow! Your bump has grown a lot!" Jughead wrapped his arms around my stomach as his chin rested on my shoudlers.

"You know what else has grown? These." I pointed to my sore boobs.

"They hurt a lot." I sat down.

"Can you tell me what fruit and/or vegetable our baby is equivalent to?" He sat down besides me.

"An avocado." I smiled, watching as Jughead's hand rested on my stomach.

"How cute." Jughead kissed me.

"We can find out the gender of our baby today if we want?" I looked at him, watching as he put a shirt on.

"Actually, I had a better idea. I know that I'm not usually the one for parties, but can we throw a gender reveal party? I like the idea of finding out the gender with all our friends." He held me.

"Sounds like a good idea. We can bring Cheryl and Veronica to the ultrasound, and they can arrange a gender reveal party for this weekend. My only request, is that it's friends only. I don't want my mom to be there, as she will try and cause unnecessary drama, which could stress me and our snakelet out." I requested.

"I like that plan. Also, I love it when you call our baby a snakelet." He kissed me and helped me get dressed into a simple t-shirt and sweatpants.

"Hey, I just realised that this pregnancy happened at the best time." I smiled.

"Why's that babe?" Jughead placed his beanie on.

"I'm now 4 months pregnant as of yesterday, right?" I questioned him.

"Yeah?" He was confused.

"Well, in 2 months, we'll both be graduating from High-School, which is perfect, since the pregnancy won't affect it much." I smiled.

"How far along in your pregnancy will you be when we graduate?" He placed his serpent jacket on.

"6 months, which means that once we graduate, we'll have 2-3 months before the baby is born. Once the baby is born, that'll give us a little bit of time to deal with colleges." I smiled, tying my hair up.

"You're right! That is perfect." Jughead kissed me before we began to make our journey to school. Our appointment was this afternoon, so, Cheryl, Veronica, Jughead and I would go from school, directly to the appointment.

"I'll text the girls." I announced as I got out my phone.

*Cheryl*

Me: Hey Cheryl. Jughead and I were wondering if you'd like to join us this afternoon at our ultrasound, as we will be finding out the gender of our little snakelet.

Cheryl: Dear cousin, is a gender reveal party going to be involved?

Me: Yes.

Me: I was hoping that you and Veronica would work together to arrange a gender reveal party for this weekend.

Cheryl: Where shall I meet you, Jughead and Veronica this afternoon?

Me: Meet us in the car park, at Jughead's truck.

Cheryl: See you this afternoon, cousin Betty.

"Cheryl's in." I said, grabbing my bag.

"Of course she is." Jughead laughed.

*Veronica*

Me: Hey, V. Jughead and I were wondering if you'd like to join us and Cheryl this afternoon at our ultrasound, as we will be finding out the gender of our little snakelet.

Veronica: Cheryl is going? Wait! If Cheryl is involved, that means that there is a gender reveal party involved!

Me: Yep. Can you and Cheryl work together to arrange a gender reveal party for this weekend?

Veronica: Anything for you, B. I'm so excited. Where should I meet you three?

Me: Meet us in the car park, at Jughead's truck.

Veronica: Can't wait. I'll see you at school.

"Veronica's in." I smiled.

"Who would've doubted. Veronica is always involved whenever a party is involved." Jughead laughed.

As we made our way to the front door of the trailer, we heard a knock.

"Who's here this early in the morning?" I asked, confused.

Jughead opened the door, his eyes widening. I saw two people; a woman probably in her mid 40's and a girl probably in her early teens.

"Mom! Jellybean!" Jughead cried as he hugged the woman before hugging the girl.

"Hey Jug. Mind if we come in?" The woman asked.

He let them in, their bags being placed on the floor.

"Oh, mom, this is my girlfriend, Betty Cooper." I shook hands with the woman.

"Betty, this is my mom, Gladys Jones." Jughead smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs Jones." I smiled at her.

"Call me Gladys. Our family, isn't very formal." She hugged me.

"Hey, Betty. This is my little sister, Jellybean." He showed me the younger girl.

"It's JB now, but it's really nice to meet you." She hugged me.

"Wait, Jug, is that what I think it is?" Gladys pointed to my baby bump.

"Yeah. Betty is 4 months as of yesterday." He wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I'm going to be an aunt?" JB's eyes widened in excitement.

"You sure are, JB." I smiled.

"I'm gonna be a grandma..." Gladys smiled, a tear slipping from her eye.

"I'm sorry to cut this reunion short, but Jughead and I have to go to school." I smiled.

"Of course, of course. Go and learn things. We'll catch up more later." Gladys smiled as we began to leave the trailer, making our way to school.
———
The day was over, leaving our appointment as the second last exciting thing to happen.

"Shall we go?" I asked as Cheryl and Veronica walked over to Jughead's truck.

Both girls smiled, so we got into the truck, Veronica and Cheryl sitting in the back two seats.

Getting to the appointment, we were called in straight away.

"Are these two girls arranging a gender reveal?" The doctor smiled.

We all nodded.

"Ok, then. You know the drill." The doctor smiled as I lifted up my top to reveal my larger baby bump, the gel being spread across as the doctor searched for the baby. We heard a heartbeat, which caused both Cheryl and Veronica to cry, but eventually, Cheryl was handed a folded up piece of paper with the gender of our baby. She smiled, putting it in her purse.

"It's time for us to plan a kick-ass gender reveal party." Veronica smiled as she and Cheryl left the appointment only a few minutes before us. Jughead and I were given 4 ultrasound pictures, two of them already being given to Cheryl and Veronica.