10: Party at Le Bonne Nuit

VERONICA
Walking through Pop's, I walked to what seemed to be the bathroom, but instead of turning right, I turned left, picking up the phone before the little sign moved to reveal Reggie's eyes. He asked for the password.

"260117" I spoke, smiling when I heard locks being unlocked, before the wall turned into a door, leaving to a set of stairs. Walking down them, I saw Cheryl putting up balloons.

"Looking good, Cheryl." I smiled at Cheryl.

"Nice speakeasy, Veronica." Cheryl smiled back at me.

"Betty is really gonna love this, but what are the blue and pink balloons for?" Reggie asked as she walked down the stairs, confused.

"Betty's having a baby with Jughead, and we're throwing her a gender reveal party. The blue balloons represent a boy, and the pink balloons represent a girl." This surprised Reggie.

"Jeez. I didn't know Jughead had that in him." Reggie laughed.

"Well, no one knows about Le Bonne Nuit yet. I thought that the opening of this speakeasy should have a fun element, and what's more fun than a gender reveal party?" I asked, putting some plates on the counter at the bar.

"This is definitely the place to host a party, especially one involving a baby. There's so much space. But I think that Jughead and Betty should sit on the stage so the attention is on them." Cheryl brought up a good point.

Agreeing with Cheryl, Veronica grabbed two chairs, placing them where Cheryl suggested.

"All the invitations have been handed out, so all we need to do now is get changed and wait." Veronica smiled as she grabbed her dress, as well as Cheryl's dress from behind the counter.

Getting changed, they entered Le Bonne Nuit, sitting down and having a few mocktails before everyone was supposed to arrive.

As we waited, we heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Excuse me, who are you and what are you doing here?" Cheryl was a little harsh towards the girl, who looked to be in her early teens.

"My name is JB Jones. I'm Jughead's sister, and Betty's baby is my niece or nephew. I'm here for the gender reveal party" She introduced herself.

"Well, JB, welcome to Le Bonne Nuit." I smiled at the girl. She had pants and a shirt on, with a little tie.

"French name huh. Very fancy." JB smiled.

As the night went on, more guests arrived, and before long, there was over 100 Riverdale High students having fun.

BETTY
Jughead hadn't said a word to me since we left the trailer. I wore a floor length pink dress that nicely accentuated my baby bump. I had no idea where we were going, since I was blindfolded.

As we walked, Jughead stopped, pulling me into a booth that had a door.

"Juggie, be careful please. I'm pregnant and I have very bad nausea." He held me lightly, before I heard a familiar voice.

"Password please?" It was Reggie.

"260117" Jug replied, and within minutes, I was walking down some stairs.

"Open!" He took off the blindfold that was covering my eyes, and I was greeted to all my friends and classmates in front of me.

"Oh...my...god. This is beautiful! V, what is this place?" I was confused.

"Betty, you are standing in the new speakeasy below Pop's Choc'lit Shoppe, Le Bonne Nuit." Veronica hugged me.

"Come, come! Sit, dear cousin." Cheryl guided Jughead and I to the stage, where two chairs waited for us.