Chapter 4 - 2000 & 2001

Kara arrives in the year 2000, with another flash of light. Today however, unlike the last 3 previous days she has travelled to see Lena, it is raining. Even though it is June, it is a dark and gloomy day, which just puts a certain mode about things. Kara just hopes that she can spend some more time with Lena, and cheer her up, and hopes the last year hasn't been too awful for her.

As has become usual, as soon as Kara arrives in a new time, the blonde scans Luthor manor for Lena's whereabouts. Surprisingly, this time she actually finds that Lena, Lillian and Lionel are all in the house together. Currently the family are having a lunch together.

"So, Lex, how has university been going?" Lillian asks, with a smile.

"Good mother." Lex replies, "I have impressed several of my professors. They have already spoken to me about taking some extra courses."

"That is wonderful my dear boy." Lillian replies, "Isn't that right, Lionel?"

"Huh?" Lionel replies, in a certain tone, "Uhmm ohh... uhmmm.... Yeah..."

Lionel then scugs down almost an entire glass of wine, clearly being drunk already.

Lillian sighs.

"Lionel, I do wish you would at least wait until after you have spoken with your son before drinking." Lillian says, in a disapproving tone.

Lionel sneers at Lillian, now getting up from his chair.

"You don't control me. I can do what I want." Lionel says, in an annoyed voice, and then quickly leaves the room, grabbing a bottle of wine on the way out.

Lillian shakes her head and sighs again.

"So, Lena, mother tells me that you are going to be starting board school next year. Are you looking forward to that?" Lex asks.

"Oh....uhmmm... I am.... I'm nervous about....." Lena begins.

"Enough Lena." Lillian interrupts, "We are here to talk about Lex, not you."

"But..." Lena begins, sounding disappointed.

"No buts." Lillian interrupts, throwing a dismissive hand in Lena's direction, "Go to your room, and give Lex and I some time to talk alone."

Lena looks to Lex, and her brother just shoots her a sorry smile, but he doesn't try and speak up in Lena's defence.

"Okay." Lena says, with a sigh, and then gets up off of her chair and leaves the room, heading for her bedroom upstairs.

Kara is just about to focus on Lena, but she then catches Lex and Lillian speaking, once the 7-year-old Lena is out of earshot.

"Mother, I wish you wouldn't do that. She might be a useful tool to use in the future." Lex says, annoyed.

Lillian huffs.

"That girl won't be good for anything in the future, she is nothing compared to you, Lex." Lillian says.

"Of course she isn't." Lex replies, "But she is still smart. I can't always focus on everything."

"Hmmm..." Lillian hums.

Kara feels her rage build in her body upon hearing this, it's an example of Lex manipulating Lena behind the girls back, the first one Kara has witnessed since travelling through time. Kara really wants to tell Lena all about it, but she knows for the timeline's sake she can't really do that, at least not yet.

Kara turns her gaze back to Lena, who has now made her way into her bedroom, and is sitting on her bed reading a book. Kara then flies up to Lena's bedroom window, and then taps on it. A few moments later, Lena walks over to the window, and then grows a very big smile when she sees Kara floating there, before then opening the window.