Chapter 29 - The End Part 1

For a few moments Kara just looks at Lena, almost as if she is seeing a ghost, which considering the situation, isn't unreasonable of the superhero to think. However, after a few moments of just staring at Lena, Kara begins to walk over to the love of her life, soon speeding up her walk as she gets closer. Eventually, Kara reaches Lena and quickly takes her in for a passionate kiss. As Kara feels her lips on Lena's she can tell, for certain, that this is the woman she loves, and it's no trick or anything.

Kara continues to kiss Lena, desperately, for the next few minutes, but eventually the two women do part from each other, and Kara then presses their foreheads together. Right now, Kara's heart is beating so fast, as up until this moment, she thought the love of her life was dead, but she's not, and it's incredible.

"It's... it's really you..." Kara says, almost as if she still doesn't believe the situation and thinks that she is dreaming.

"It's me, darling.... I promise...." Lena says, in a tender and loving voice.

The two women continue to stay like this, with their foreheads pressed together for a few more moments. Eventually Lena can tell that Kara is still having a bit of difficulty really believe the situation is real, or at least grounding herself. So, to fix that situation, Lena takes one of Kara's hands and then moves it to cover her own heart, so the superhero can feel her heart beating. As Kara feels Lena's heart beating, she moves back from their foreheads being pressed together, and looks Lena in the eyes, all while she can literally feel Lena's heart beating so fast. It is one of the best feelings in the world.

"You're..... you're really alive...." Kara says, in complete awe of the situation.

"Yes, I'm alive, darling." Lena says, "And I love you, so much."

"But.... but how? How can this be real?" Kara asks, so confused right now.

Lena now grows a sheepish look on her face, as she knows what she is about to tell her girlfriend could well make her mad, even though it was all done completely for Kara's own sake.

"It was my idea." Clark says, standing up now and wiping the blood from his face.

Kara turns and looks at Clark with another angry glare.

"No, it wasn't." Lena says, quickly tugging Kara back around to face her so she doesn't do anything stupid to Clark, again.

"Lena..." Clark says, wanting to take the blame for the brunette.

"It's okay, Clark." Lena says, with a small smile, before turning back to look at Kara again, "This was all my idea darling."

Kara grows another confused look on her face.

"But..... but I don't understand.... why.... why would you do this? Why would you fake your death? Why would you make me believe you're dead? Why would you cause me so much pain?" Kara asks, now beginning to cry again.

"Oh darling." Lena says, with a look of sadness on her face, "I did it all for you."

"What?!" Kara says, shocked by hearing that, "You.... you did this all for me?"

Lena nods her head.

"I.... I don't understand." Kara says, confused.

Lena sighs, and then takes a deep breath.

"I knew that doing this would hurt you.... and make you so very upset, but that wasn't my aim. My aim was to protect you." Lena explains.

"Protect me?" Kara asks, confused again.

"Yes." Lena nods, "Do you remember when we were talking about all the sorts of different theories to as to how time travel works, after you told me what you saw in 2026?"