1- 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦

-:-Dream POV-:-

I was just minding my own business when I heard voices. They weren't far, no, they were very close. I would assume that it's Y/N, I don't know, talking to herself? But when I heard a deeper voice, I realized that that is definitely not Y/N.

I grab my sword, wanting to be cautious. Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm just hearing things again. No, that hasn't happened in months. My gut is telling me to stay put, but I can't, not while Y/N is out there.

I carefully make my way through the crowd of trees, looking in all directions. I don't hear the voices anymore, was I really just hearing things?

My gut tells me no.

I haven't been this scared in a while, I haven't had anything to be scared about. It's only Y/N and I out here, the only thing we have to worry about is zombies breaking our door(which has happened a couple of times). I don't like this feeling, this profound feeling of paranoia.

That's when someone pulls me.

I'm pulled behind a tree, my body sent into an immediate panic. The person tries grabbing my sword, and I elbow them, I think in the face.

"Ow! What the fuck!" a voice cries.

Y/N.

I just elbowed Y/N in the face.

"Oh my god, Y/N! I'm so sorry! I thought you were-" I start, but I'm interrupted.

"Shhhh!" she shushes me, pointing to the right of her.

Then the voices start up again.

"Did you hear that?" a man says.

"Have you lost your mind? You're so fucking paranoid. We're in the woods, Schlatt, of course there's noises!" the woman yells.

Schlatt. The man's name is Schlatt.

"You're such a bitch, I heard voices!"

"Yeah, the voices inside your head, you're fucking phycotic."

Well, these two seem to be best of friends.

I almost forgot Y/N was next to me. I look at her, she seems nervous, but focused. I'm glad she's okay. If I had listened to my gut and stayed away, she might've gotten hurt.

A part of me wants to just pop out, and confront these people, in a friendly manner. I want to ask them who they are, where they came from. But I stay still, these people don't seem like the chit-chat type. Y/N looks at me, and as if she read my mind, she shakes her head. I sigh in response, and she goes back to listening.

"Listen, I'm going back to base, are you coming?" The girl asks.

"No actually, I thought about staying here and having a party with the zombies." The man, Schlatt, says sarcastically. I'm assuming the girl hits him, cause I hear an "ow".

The footsteps take a while to go away, but once I'm sure they're gone, I look at Y/N, she looks at me.

"Who are those people?" I ask, realizing that Y/N most likely doesn't have the answer.

"I have no idea, but we need to follow them back to their base, they seem like no good." she replies, instantly getting up.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, what the hell are you doing? They could be highly armed, and you just want to follow them without any weapons whatsoever?" I argue, but Y/N doesn't stop walking.

"You have your sword."

"That's irrelevant. You're talking about following these random people we heard in the woods. We have no clue what their intentions are!" I say as I grab her arm.

She stays silent, obviously thinking about what I just said. This isn't a decision that Y/N would normally make; it's irrational to follow them. I don't like the feeling of any of this, Y/N seems unhinged, and on edge, I don't like it at all.

"Well if we don't follow them then we need to leave." she says after what feels like an eternity of silence.

Then she starts walking again, this time back towards our house. She needs to slow down, she needs to tell me why she's so nervous.

"Listen Y/N, we need to communicate about this. This isn't some game, this could be an actual danger to us. Take some time to think." I reason.

"Dream, you weren't there. They were talking about our house, they know where we live. We could follow them, and end them so they stay the hell away from us, or we can leave. Since you obviously don't like the first option, we need to leave, for our safety."

Flashes of all the wars I've experienced take place in my mind; blood, death, the feeling of paranoia with every step you take, every move you make could be your last. I won't let it happen again, I won't let Y/N engage. She's been fine for months, besides the occasional guilty episodes, but she's been fine. This sudden feeling of danger is taking her back to the war, to the day she lost Eret.

"Fine, we can leave."

"I won't do this again, Dream, I can't." she trembles, throwing stuff into an ender chest.

"I know, I get it." I reply, placing my hand on her back. She flinches at my touch.

"Listen, let's just sleep here tonight, we can't risk being outside at night." I reason, she nods her head, setting the ender chest down and sitting down next to the wall.

"I miss him." she mumbles.

That's the first time she's made a comment about Eret. After the day he left, she made it very clear she didn't want to talk about him. He was in love with her, she saw him as a best friend. Y/N doesn't see it, but Eret left for her own good. If he didn't leave, Y/N would've held onto him, the old him, but that version of him disappeared the day they had their argument and Eret left.

The truth is, Eret went through a lot while he was missing, he told me everything. He said he had been to this village filled with terrible people, and they tortured him everyday. He told me that he kept hoping Y/N would get worried, and she would come and find him, but she never did. He lost all hope that he would be saved, and a huge part of him died that day. He became a different person, a person that couldn't hold Y/N back, that's why he left...for her own good.

"I know you do, I do too." I replied.

"It's my fault, I told him to leave." she mumbles.

"I promise you, he'll be okay." I reassure, pulling her close to me.

"Maybe, but we'll never know for sure."

A/N: HAHAHA it's back!! I want to thank you all for the support on Trust Me, don't know if as many people will read the second one, but whoever does, I hope you enjoy!