Chapter 2 - Bike Ride

(3rd person pov)

Luz walked in the front door of her house. She set her stuff down on the coach and went to grab a drink. She grabbed a glass of water and sadly sat on the coach. She took a sip of her water as she heard footsteps. She looked at the hallway and saw her mother, Camila, walk into the living room. "Hello Miha! How was your first day of high school?" "Better than expected," said Luz.

She had half lied. She had expected that she would be made fun of because of her previous school experiences, but she didn't expect to make friends so quickly. "That's glad to hear. I'm sorry that I have to leave. I've been called into work and have a late shift. You know what that means so there is dinner food in the fridge and freezer," Camila walked over to Luz and kissed her forehead, "See you tomorrow!"

Camila walked out the door to her car and soon drove away. Luz looked at the clock and saw it was only 3:30. "I could probably ride my bike for a little," she thought out loud. She got up off the coach, put her cup in the sink, and took her thing upstairs to her room.

She walked into her mostly clean room. There were some clothes on the floor along with a paper or two but for the most part, the rest of the room was clean. She had action figures covering her shelfs, a cram backed bookcase filled with graphic novels, manga, and comics, and she had a little display which was made up of her The Good Witch Azura figures.

Luz set her backpack on her bed. She opened her closet and changed out her purple an white striped one with a plain grey jacket. She then changed her legging and short-shorts with a pair of jean shorts. Luz walked out of her room and back down the stairs and into the gurage to grab her bike.

Luz's bike was painted in a shiny red coat. Luz grabbed her bike and grabbed a spare garage opener off the work desk. She opened it and walked out, closed it, and shoved the opener into her pocket. Luz hopped onto her bike and set off into her neighborhood.

Her neighborhood wasn't big like the ones closer to the main town, but it was big enough for Luz to bike in. She started biking around her neighborhood over the summer because she started to get bored of sitting around doing nothing in her room.

She enjoyed riding around the neighborhood. She liked the breeze in her face, the people she would wave at, and most of all, she would bike further out of the neighborhood to somewhere special. Luz decided not to go there yet, she wanted to enjoy what daylight was left.

Luz knew every corner of her neighborhood like it was an Azura book. She used to say she could bike it with her eyes closed, but when she did, she ended up in the hospital for a week. She biked until the streetights began to come on. She knew she had little light left, so she started to head to the far end of the neighborhood. The houses began to disappear as she went further down the road until she reached a metal gate.

The gate was overgrown with vines and looked rusted beyond repair. Luz hopped off her bike and walked over to it. She slowly pushed it open and looked up the gravel driveway and saw an overgrown mansion. It looked old without the vines and kudzu, but even so, it was old. It looked mostly intact from looking at it from the outside. Luz had never been inside because there were locks on all the doors and she couldn't get in.

She walked behind the mansion and saw a large tree. It was a large cherry tree with her initials carved into its trunk. She took her bag off her shoulders and sat it on her bike. She then sat down with her back against the tree and she took in a deep breath and sighed. She usually came here to clear her head after a hard day. She discovered this place when she accidentally rode her bike down that part of the neighborhood.

She sat there for a while until heading back. She closed the rusty gate and biked home. But before she did, she noticed a for sale sign on the front lawn with the words SOLD written in it. Luz knew this would be the last time she would come here for a while.

Hope you like this chapter. Sorry for the week long wait. I'm going to be releasing chapters for this story weekly so expect the next chapter next Monday!