Chapter 4 - New Bus Stop

(3rd person pov)

It had been a week since Luz was given her new seat and to Luz, this week was better than the last. Yes she was still bullied in school itself, but she felt safe in the bus because she wasn't made fun of or teased by anyone. She felt safe.

One morning, she woke up like usual, prepared and ate her breakfast, told her mama goodbye, and left for the bus. It arrived like usual and he got on. She sat in her seat and the bus set off to the next stop. When the bus stopped at the last stop, Eda stood up to address the bus. "Before we head to the school, we have one last stop to make." Everyone on the bus, except Luz, groaned. "Alright everyone stop you moaning and groaning. It's a new bus stop and it's still on our route back to the school. We will only arrive at the school a minute or two later than usual."

New bus stops weren't new to Luz. This year alone they had an extra stop or two added to their route making the bus packed to the brim. The bus began to head down it's usual route towards the entrance of the neighborhood but it turned a few streets away and began to head down a road. The houses began to become fewer and fewer until there were none. The bus then stopped in front of a metal gate.

Luz looked out the door's windows and saw that she was now sitting in front of the mansion she would go and read Azura at. How did they restore that mansion in two weeks? But most importantly, who's joining our bus? Luz didn't know that one of those questions was about to be answered. The bus doors opened and Luz looked in awe.

Standing there was a girl, about her age. She had golden eyes, her hair went down to her shoulders and her hair was in a hail pony tail and it was dyed mint green. She was wearing a black dress and purple leggings and wore a necklace that had the same crescent moon that was on her shoes.

The girl walked aboard the bus. "Find yourself a seat," said Eda. The girl passed Luz, who was still staring at her, and began to walk about the bus. She looked at the seats and all were filled. She walked back to the front and stopped next to Luz, who was back to looking at her phone. She looked next to her and noticed a space just big enough for her to sit.

"Is this seat taken?"

Luz looked up at the girl as she spoke. Her voice was soft and it touched Luz's heart. "I could scoot over as far as I can," said Luz. She set her backpack in the crate next to her and began to move over to the box. She was right up against it and the girl sat next to her. She set her backpack under the seat and moved over as far as she could. The two girls were right up against each other, making them both blush a deep red of embarrassment. Eda chuckled as she started the bus and turned around and began to head towards the school.

The two girls looked at each other in silence until Luz broke it. "I'm Luz and you are?" "Oh! I'm Amity, Amity Blight. Nice to meet you Luz." "How long have you been living in that old mansion?" "We moved into it last week and it's still getting restored." "I used to go up there and read under the cherry tree in the back." Amity looked confused. "I thought they said the place was abandoned?" "It is, but I would bike down there to read some Good Witch Azura in the afternoon but when your parents bought it, I stopped going there." Amity kept staring at Luz. Luz looked over to her. "You like The Good Witch Azura too!"

(Sorry it takes so long to make this new chapter. I've been occupied with my other Lumity AU more than this one. I still don't know if I'll continue this one or not.)