Chapter 1

"I love you," Maxon whispered repeatedly, between kisses. His breathing wild and uneven.

Both of their clothes had been thrown into the floor frantically.

"Maxon....," America gasped out as his lips trailed to her neck, then lower, and lower. Soon, all their clothes were all on the floor and the kisses became more than kisses.

The next morning....

America swatted as a feather tickled her body. When the tickling came again, she swatted again.

"Good morning, my dear," A soft voice whispered, their hands wrapped tightly around her waist and her body pulled against the warmth of theirs.

"I'm still not your dear," America says, smacking him lightly on the chest.

"Hmm alright, fiance," Maxon smiled with that adorable smile she could never forget. "How was your sleep?"

"Short," America replied, running a hand through his hair as she rested her cheek on his neck.

"Hmmmm. I guess I'll share the blame on that," Maxon chuckled, kissing her forehead.

"What time is it?" America asks as she breaths him in.

"5:30," Maxon replied, his hands stroking her bare back.

"WHAT?! Omysweetgoodness, my maids will be here soon. We should get dressed," America says, sitting up frantically.

"Would it be that bad to know we slept together?" Maxon raised an eyebrow, sitting up with a blanket wrapped around his waist.

"I...no. They'll never stop teasing me about this if they saw," America says, finding her clothes and putting them back on.

"Hmm...alright. Just one more kiss, my dear," Maxon smiled, pulling her to his lap and giving her a kiss.

America kissed back then shrieked as he started tickling her. As soon as she did, the door burst open. She screamed and pulled the blanket over them.

(You know what happens after then :) )

Now.....
(America's POV)

I watched as the palace got farther and farther till it was barely an ember in the ashes. I craned my neck back to face the front of the limo, thankful for the window between me and the driver to be shut tight. I let the tears I kept at bay pour out, mourning the man I loved.

"Oh Maxon...," I sobbed, cradling myself and pressing the letters he gave me to my chest. "Please....I miss you....I'll let you call me my dear, I swear. Just please...have me back. I love you," I sobbed, my heart shatter in pieces.

I came to the palace broken, to only come back shattered and unfixable. I promised myself I'd never love again. Never let anyone inside my heart again. Never shall I be hurt again. Never.

The ride to the airport was brief and over as soon as it started. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes as the door opened for me. Gathering his letters in my arms once again, I step out of the limo.

Surely, there were thousands of admirers waiting by the plane for me, craving for a glimpse of the top 2 selection girl. Cameras begin to click a way and people begin to ask for my autograph.

Unlike last time, I kept walking, my face emotionless and didn't convey any emotions. I couldn't let the world see how utterly shattered I was so I kept walking, my true self hidden behind a unbreakable wall.

"Lady America!" The crowd shouted again and again till it was overwhelming. I quickly got into the airplane and the noise was drowned out as the doors closed.

During the flight back home, I stayed silent, refusing the offer of food and company that came.

Several hours later, we'd finally landed on Angeles. As soon as the doors opened, letting in that smell, I felt like bursting into tears. The smell of home had never been sweeter. For my heart craved the comfort of home and family.

"Ames!!" May shrieked, rushing towards me in a frantic hug. The rest of my family were composed. Kena held a bundle of adorableness in her arms which cooed for her mother.

"May," I smiled, my sadness going away for a bit to make room for my family. I embraced my little sister then the rest of my family.

Mother stared at me proudly. "Oh America. You've grown into a beautiful young lady."

I smiled to my mother and embraced her as well, longing the feeling of my mother's comfort.

With that, we set off to our house. Everything looked exactly the same as I left it. Except Kena's baby which only made the house more cramped together.

I swallowed, feeling the picture on her pocket. The picture Maxon gave her that night when he proposed. The house for her family.

She had no desire to be closer to Maxon in that house. But her family needed the house. It was humongous and enough space to fit them all with extra to spare. They wouldn't be considered 5's anymore and would have food and space.

"Mom," I says, from the dinner table we sat at hours later.

"Yes, America?" My mother asked, looking up to her.

"Um..before I left the palace, Maxon gave us a house. To live in and the title is on our name already," I says, handing her the picture of the house.

Magda stared at the picture, shocked. "America this is wonderful!"

The dinner table bursted into cheers and the family started excitedly talking about the house.

"We'll pack straight away tommorow. Then leave the next day," her mom smiles.

I nod, happy for my family.