[13] How rare and beautiful it is to even exist

Ever since the revealation of Dabi being a villain, (Name) had a hard time focussing on her work. Sometimes it felt like she was falling apart from the inside out and her floral bouquets were only a dim shining glim in the distance anymore. What should she do? She understood these feelings inside of her perfectly. Yes, she might have fallen for that particular man. It wasn't bigoted pity or curiousity anymore.

He, on the other hand, didn't want his feelings to be true. It would put her in so much danger if she was just to be seen by somebody within the ranks of villain society. No, no, he couldn't interfere with her life any longer.

But he needs her.

In fact, eventually the lost boy had learned to love. And it made him sick, so utterly sick. But something like 'love-sick' still wouldn't be the right description.

✧ ✧* . . ✧ *✧ ✧

Dabi ran his hand over his face as he went through it all over and over again. He got almost exhausted as he had to think so intensely about something like this. He wasn't familiar with any of it - one could even compare it to an elementary school pupil trying to understand the math topics of an graduate student.

"Dabi, what's up with that face?" Crazy exclaimed as she stared at the male with wide and interested eyes. He only shrugged his shoulders and replied with a simple 'nothing', much to the girl's dissatisfaction.

He wants to be close to her.

But how, in a world like this? It simply wasn't meant to be.

✧ ✧* . . ✧ *✧ ✧

(Name) stared at her reflection in the glass across from her. She just got finished with decorating the shop window - beautiful zinnias adorned the inside of the display window, inviting new customers with their rich and pleasant colours. It was typical for people to just stand outside and adore their beauty without having to pay for anything, but some made their way inside of her store and (Name) has always been grateful for that.

𝒞𝒽𝒾𝓂𝑒, 𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓂𝑒.

The woman's ears perked up and she quickly made her way to the main room of her shop. She instantly put her trained smile on, but it vanished within seconds as soon as she saw who had just come in.

"I thought it would be nice to see you again," her ex-boyfriend explained with a dry voice, his hunched body posture making her even more uncomfortable. "You know, talk a little about your new one. He seems interesting." The smile on his face was just a facade, even a child could see that.

"I don't know what we should talk about. And he is not my new one, I don't get why you even assume something like this," the grip on her hands tightened. The florist had her arms crossed in front of her chest as a defence reaction of him having come here.

"Don't play dumb, (Name)!" he suddenly shouted back which made the poor girl so startled, she knocked over a vase in the process of backing off. "Don't you dare play dumb ON ME!"

........... ....... ........... .........

The streets weren't really lively at the moment which Dabi was very thankful for. It must have been a busy day for everyone who was working, so no one really had the time to just walk through the city right now. He wouldn't want another incident to happen in which a certain hero was chasing and almost capturing him. It still gave him the chills, having seen Eraserhead so close to his safety point. Which wasn't really safe anymore, if you see it precisely.

Then, he heard the faint sound of shouting in the distance as he came closer and closer to Ranunculus. In an instant, Dabi's eyes shot wide open as he thought of her ex having come to her store again and started to run, passing several small shops (and almost tripping because of some indiscriminately positioned sale signs) on his way. After running as fast as on his little escape recently, the male stood in front of the flower shop once again and realized he was right with this having been the source of the shouting all along.