7- Awaited Goodbye

Athena's POV.

I've been home alone. Sitting on the floor holding my knees while crying all the tears of my heart.

I don't know what to think. I don't know what to do. I feel broken and lost.

It's been a full day and I just been here. I have a week to move out and find somewhere else to stay. I can't think of anything. I refuse to let go of this place even if it's the most traumatic place of my life.

I looked out to the window as I saw the sun rising. Finally, I got up and made my way to the bathroom. I took a look at myself in the mirror and hated to see how broken and bruised I was. I don't feel like meeting anyone or going back to school. I just feel like sleeping for as long as I want. I never want to face the world again.

I took off my hoodie before opening the water and splashing my face with it. Maybe it'll get rid of my reality which I doubt it will. I brushed my teeth and then changed into different clothes. Just as I was about to make my way to the kitchen I heard sounds of someone banging on the door of the apartment.

Could it be...him?!

I ran to open it without even checking first and as soon as I opened it, I met with all of my friends. They stood there looking at me worry filling their eyes.

Shit. No. How did they find out I live here?

"what-"

"Adalina!" Olivia wrapped her arms around me hugging the life out of me.

"God, where have you been?!" she asked in relief.

My eyes met with Ahmed, Shawn, Sam and then Nathan. I couldn't tell what he might be thinking however the look on his face said it all. He felt bad and upset.

"I had to sneak into the principal's office to get your personal information. Why didn't you pick up your phone?" Sam asked me.

What am I supposed to tell them?

"Let us in Athena. Let's discuss everything." Ahmed said.

They all got in while looking around. I was ashamed. They could finally see what I have to bare every day.

"This place reeks of alcohol damn it" Ahmed commented.

"You guys should go back to school. There's no reason to be here" I finally spoke.

"Hey, don't say that. The whole school is aware Athena. Rumours spread easily you know. We all want to be here for you." Olivia said.

"What do you want to do? You want to see how miserable I am and how my father has been treating me? You want to see how I have nothing left here? You want to give me pity? I don't need it." I know I sounded rude. But, this was the truth. What could they possibly do for me?

"Alright stop and take a deep breath. We all don't know what's going that's why we are here. Tell us everything and we will try to help you out. We don't pity you. We actually truly care for you so please...open up to us." Sam was rather still calm and still.

They left me no choice but to explain them everything. It was as if a weight had lifted off my shoulders as soon as I spoke to them but it was hard to not break down.

"oh my god..." Olivia once again wrapped her arms around me.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her pulling away.

"Because...because you went through so much all alone...I wish I knew earlier" she said wiping her tears away.

"I'm sorry...I couldn't tell.." Ahmed spoke. Remorse clearly hearable in his tone.