Part 20- Mafia

Athena's POV.

"What?" is he crazy?

"I'm serious. Forget those guys and marry me instead. Won't your dad be good with that? I mean he knows we used to be friends" he can't be serious right now.

Shut up and say yes this is what you always wanted!!

"You're out of your mind" I said turning to leave when he got in front of me stopping me from going.

"Move" I said.

"Not until you agree" he said.

"Mariage is not a joke" I stated.

"I know that's why I'm asking you to marry me. What do I have to do? Become Muslim? Bet. I can do it no problem. There's five pillars of Islam, five prayers, Ramadan, The Quran is the holy book, Muhammad peace be upon him is the prophet Muslims follow and the messenger of Allah. What else do you need? I'm ready to learn Urdu and wear desi clothes, I can—"

"STOP" what did I just witness?

"What? Did I say something wrong I—"

"Nathan what is going on with you?" I asked shook.

"What?" He asked like he didn't know.

"have you lost it? where did you learn all of these things and...why would you want to marry me?" I asked.

"Because I want to." He took a step closer to me leaving only a few inches between us.

"I will do as my heart say. And the truth is that... I want you. And, if marrying you now will make things better between us then I will do it." it's like he just became a totally different person.

"You don't want me—" I couldn't keep on talking realizing the distance between us and the way that he was looking into my eyes.

"No no. You don't get it. You still don't get it. I want you. Your whole being invades me every single day. There is not a second that I don't think about you. Five, ten, twenty...it doesn't matter how many years we can be apart from each other I will always yearn for you." my heart began beating extremely fast. Almost bursting out of my chest.

Does he love me? Still? After everything I've done?

"You...you can't be serious I..." I didn't know what to say.

"Stop denying it. I know that you love me...as much as I do. This can't be only me." he was so right.

"Please give me some space..." I can't breathe properly.

"What's wrong with you?!" He asked alerted.

"No don't come close just..." I wasn't seeing clearly.

My head was turning and I couldn't feel my legs anymore. All I remember was that I collapsed but my body did not meet the floor.

***

"What did you do to my daughter?! I swear to god, if you even touched her the slightest bit I will make you pay!" A deep angry voice was speaking or more like yelling.

"How dare you come close to her?!" it kept going. It's too loud. I hate it.

"Sir, this is a hospital please keep your voice down or I will have to call security"

Why does my head hurt? What happened to me?

Slowly, I began opening my eyes seeing blurry for a few seconds before it was clear.

How did I end up on a hospital bed?

"Miss Yasmina? Are you okay? Can you hear and see me properly?" the nurse was staring at me and asking me questions.