Ch 2: stay aliveee

~~~~~
Admits the crowd of people murmuring to each other about Espresso, during the chaos, Madeleine relief washes over him ad he spots Herb cookie next to Sparkling cookie, behind the crowd, trying to shuffle past the rest of the people to get to Espresso.

"Herb! Sparkling!" Madeline called out, loud enough for them to hear, and for the crowd to look past Madeleine and at the two. Madeleine moved past the crowd, which was also dispersing so Madeleine and Latte could walk past easier. Once they reached Herb and Sparkling, Madeleine slowly dropped to his knees so they can better view Espresso. He was holding back his own tears, but he had to stay strong.

"Oh my gods, what happened?" Herb cookie winced, kneeling, Sparkling cookie's eyes widened at the view, seeing the red blood from Madeleine's otherwise pure white armor and gloves, and also from Espresso himself.

"I- I don't know.." Latte trailed off, tears still falling down her face, "we- we were just walking b-back a-a-and..." she can't even finish her sentence before bursting into tears.

Sparkling walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder, an attempt to calm her down.
Sparkling solemnly turned his head towards Madeleine, who was staring at Espresso.

"What happened?" He repeated herb's question, calmly.

Madeleine looked up at Sparkling. "Latte and I were walking back to our houses, when we saw a bright light followed by a loud crash, we ran to Espresso's house and we opened the door, just to find him unconscious in his lab.. it seems like his lab equipment exploded"

Sparking nodded and turned to Herb
"take care of his physical wounds, I will make a healing drink for him."

Herb looked up at Sparkling, and nodded. Sparkling removes his hand from Latte and goes to his bar to make a drink.

" I can take care of his wounds, but I don't have a place to sleep for him, I fear that his house is a bit too dangerous at the moment." Herb thinks aloud.

Before Latte could utter a word, Madeleine speaks "He can stay at my house. My house has an extra bedroom." Latte and herb look at him.

"Are you sure? Don't you have a lot of other stuff to attend during the day?" Asked Herb, concerned.
"Yes, I do, but they all can wait, Espresso is more important." Madeleine responds.
Herb knows that he can't convince Madeleine once he's put his mind to something, so he just sighs, "alright."

The crowd is now long gone, and Herb, Madeleine, and Latte walk to Madeleine's house.
"Latte, you should go home and get some sleep, I promise I will take good care of him" Madeleine stops, once they reached her house.

Latte look at Espresso and Madeleine with concern, before Herb cuts in,
"I do agree with Madeleine, you should go home and get some rest."
Latte gives a slow nod, and retreats into her house, Leaving Herb, Madeleine, and Espresso.

Madeleine continues on to his house, and Madeleine announced that 'they have made it' once they had reached it.

Madeleine meticulously opens up the door, careful to not move Espresso too much. Once he's unlocked it, Herb opens the door up for both of them. Madeleine shows Herb to the extra bedroom and carefully places espresso on it, of course staining the white pillows and blankets.

Herb cookie does some healing spells on Espresso, and after a few minutes of that, he looks up at Madeleine.
Madeleine holds his breath, waiting for the worst news possible

"he hit his head pretty hard, and the fact that you lifted him up and carried him around town didn't particularly help, but regardless, he's going to be fine. I estimate he will be out for about a week, but as long as you give him the drink Sparkling makes every day he should be fine."

Madeleine lets out a long exhale. "That's good to hear" he responds.

Herb stands up and nods, "Sparkling should be here tomorrow with the drink, so I would recommend staying in your house until he's arrived to make sure it's given to Espresso as soon as possible."

"Thank you, Herb" Madeleine called to Herb, as he left the house.

After Herb left, Madeleine stares at Espresso.
Espresso's hair was ruffled up and sticking out in some places, his glasses were also cracked. His perfect dark skin was stained with dark crimson in some places. His clothes looked like they have been in a fire and back, some parts were also torn, the side of his cloak looked like it had been burnt off.

Madeleine looked at him a bit longer, closely examining him, he let out a sigh, sitting on the chair next to the bed.
He looked up. So many thoughts are swimming through his head. He lowered his head back down, and walked outside of the room. He turned off the lights and went to his bed, and slept for the night