Ch 9: can you trust me?

~~~~~
Madeleine looked at the entrance of the republic, atop his pure white horse. It has been around a month since he has left with Espresso. The wind enough to blow his long blonde hair ever-so gracefully. He wonders what citizens will think once they he himself empty handed and the fact that they could perhaps think that Espresso is possibly dead.

Madeleine felt his heart drop as the thought sank in. He had no evidence that Espresso was still alive, which made him ever regret leaving him in the forest "it's too late to return, it's been weeks since I left" The Knight Commander thought to himself seeking any excuse to think that he's okay, "plus, he is perfectly capable surviving on his own, he's Espresso for gods sake"

Madeleine let out a huff and gestured his horse go move forward into the Republic.

He walked past the entrance, and was met with the view of people casually waking outside on the city square, it was a beautiful day, so a lot more people were out and about.

The people from the republic looked up at the unexpected visitor, when they realized it was Madeleine.
"The Knight commander is back home!"
"Where's Espresso, didn't he go along with Madeleine?"
"Espresso was dead weight, I'm honestly kind of glad he didn't come back. I mean who in their right mind thinks that Light magic isn't superior?"
"Why is Madeleine empty handed? Didn't they go out to find the Treasure the royalty were talking about?"

Madeleine tried his best to block out the murmurs from the local citizens, he kept on his horse, moving forward, hoping to find his parents to address the situation.
It was uncommon to see Madeleine in such a serious state, he would usually greet all the citizens when he returned, but this only sparked more whispers and conversations.

When Madeleine reached the end of the town square, he climbed off his sugar horse, and lead it to the stable in which he borrowed it from, Espresso's horse still absent.

He walked towards the direction of the palace, his home.

Once he had finally reached the entrance of the palace, he let out a long sigh and gripped the metal rings on the door, and knocked it against the door a few times.

He was greeted with his father, Éclair,
Madeleine turned his head to looked slightly down at him, he gave an anxious stare.

"Oh Madeleine! I see you have finally returned!" He started, taking the pipe out of his mouth with his hand, so he cold talk properly, ignoring the look his son is giving off, "come! Sit down, tell me and your mother everything."
Éclair quickly shuffled yo the side, so Madeleine could walk inside the house.
Madeleine spot his mother, Crème Brûlée sitting down at the long couch, drinking what Madeleine assumed would be tea. He also looked across her, and found two other individuals, a male and female; whom he is not familiar with. Madeleine could only assume that they were rich light magic users, according to their pure white and light yellow elegant attire.

Once Crème Brûlée saw Madeleine, she put her cup down on the table, "Oh my dear son! Welcome back home!" She beamed. The other two turned their heads to look at Madeleine.
She padded a spot on a couch next to her, gesturing Madeleine to sit down next to her, Madeleine notices, and puts his bags down at the entrance of the door and walks over.

"Well, this is perfect timing." Crème Brûlée happily smiled, "Madeleine, I would like you to meet Affogato and Panna Cotta, they are upper class light magic users, so I recommend you be polite." 
Madeleine nodded at both of them and takes a seat.
"It's good to meet you Madeleine!" Panna Cotta smiled, she extended her arm so Madeleine could shake it, and in which Madeleine nods and shakes her hand. "Pleasure is all mine" Madeleine responds, and also shakes Affogato's hand, which was also extended.