Ch 7: home not so sweet home

~~~~~
Espresso walked up to the school, along with his mother and father.
"Secondary School of Devine Light"
His parents have been wanting to take him to a high end private school, since they were starting to be scared about his nonstop talk about coffee. maybe this would help him learn and continue the use of Light magic.
His parents were users of Light Magic, very well known and respected, in fact. But lately, they were experiencing some rumors
about their son not wanting to use light magic.

Espresso nervously trailed behind his parents, his steps nearly silent.
"He can handle it, it's for the best."
He heard his mother whisper to his father, he narrowed his eyes, staring at the ground.
The sun shining up above made it seem like it was near noon, and it reminded him of their regular walk to church every weekend, however, this wasn't the happy memories of walking to church. This was fear.
However, they continued walking, until his parents stopped moving once they've reached a corner, Espresso paused and looked up to meet eyes with his Parents.
"Espresso, dear, we are here at your new school. hopefully this will help you learn more and become inspired to use Light magic more often! Espresso's mother smiled, Espresso forced a fake smile. And with that, His mom bent over and gave him a kiss "we will be here once school is it of session, have a good first day sweetie!" His mother and father had disappeared out of sight shortly after.

Espresso let out a shaky sigh and turned the corner to catch view of the school.
It was very elegant, pure white, never scathed or damaged, the white pillars that supported the front of the school where pristine. It looked like a castle. It made Espresso wonder when it was built. It was a tall building, at least 5 floors he would guess. He couldn't even tell how long it was.
He looked around at the students walking into the front of the school, they all had on the same clothing, including espresso himself.
A very light blue shirt, with a white jacket over it, and on the edges of the sleeves were a hint of the same blue, they all had long white pants to match the jacket, (except for the girls, who had on skirts and long pants) and white gloves.
Espresso hated the the feel of these clothes, he would rather have something that matches him, along with his hair. (Which of course is the same hairstyle nowadays Espresso has) maybe something darker than white, he thought.

Espresso wasn't the youngest, nor the oldest, he was the same age as most of the second year students.
It apparently was very rare to have students that continue all three years. Most likely they would drop out after a single year because it was too expensive, or it was just to brag that their child was smart enough to go to this school, then take them to a normal public school lest they spend too much money.
Espresso assumed it was the same fate for him, only one year he had to survive.
He shrugged off these thoughts and walked past the students and entered the building.
Inside seemed more impressive then outside,
Once he entered, there was a large space with a chandelier hanging up top, and blue carpet that lined up with the entrance and towards the wall on the other side.
There were 2 hallways on either side of the room.
Espresso looked at the schedule that was tucked into his pocket and unfolded it. "Only three classes?" He muttered to himself
He quickly navigated his first period room, luckily it wasn't too far away.
He quietly sat down at one of the middle seats, not wanting to interact with the students who were already sitting down.
Espresso took off the backpack from his back and placed it on the ground next to him. He unzipped his backpack and took out a book he was reading and read to himself. The book was about different math formulas and different magic and how they are used. There were also handwritten notes paper clipped to most of the pages.
A few minutes have passed, and the students quickly entered into the room, still talking to each other. The bell rung shortly after, and the class talk dispersed.
Espresso placed the bookmark where he had left off and slid it back into his backpack.
The teacher walked into the classroom, he had a large white mustache and short white hair. He was pretty old.
He clapped to get the class his attention.
"Hello class. My name is Mr. Salt and I will be your first period teacher for this year." Mr. salt introduced himself in a stern voice.
I would like everyone to stand up and introduce themselves, you will stand when it is you turn. Your number on the top left of your desk.
Espresso looked forward to look at the engraved number on his desk. He was number 8
"Number one, stand up" Mr. Salt
The class stared at the girl who shuffled out of her seat. She had short almost transparent hair, it looked like a thick gelatin. She placed her hands on top of one another in front of her.
"Good day, my name is Lemon meringue" Lemon Meringue bowed and quietly sat back down.
Other people followed suit. Except the noticeable deference that the ladies had their arms in front of them. And the men had their right arm lifted up behind them and bowed with their other hand.
"Good day, my name is Madeleine" Madeleine bowed and sat down.
"Good day, my name is marshmallow"
.
It was time to Espresso to stand up. After the person before introduced themselves and sat down, Espresso stood up, hand behind his back like he had seen before. People across the class were staring at him, the looks on their faces look disgusted, for some reason?
"Good day, my name is Espresso"
Espresso bowed and sat down, everyone turned away and looked at the next person..