Chapter Six: Embarrassed

Lydia felt like she was younger again. She camped in her room for the whole day and didn't come out. Nobody tried to talk to her since there would be no reply back. They would leave food at the door, but she refused everything.

She sat in her room terrified. She couldn't believe she was living under the same roof as someone who had been brainwashed by Sam, the thing that really hurt her the most is that he used his charm on her to get his way.

Lydia was unaware if any of them has read Sam's journal yet since she left it in Jin's hand, they were bound to have read it.

Thoughts race through her mind like wondering where her mother was. Where did she go? Was Sam just messing with her? Did he just write all of that to scare her if she ever ended up finding it?

Another knock echoed throughout the room, but she had no energy to deal with anyone. She was embarrassed to face them, her own mother betrayed her, or so she thought.

"I'm coming in," Namjoon's deep voice became louder as he opened the bedroom door.

"I've read Sam's Journal. Listen, Lydia, none of it is your fault."

I heard Namjoon's steps come closer as I kept my head down, "I really mean it, it's not your fault she ended up like this, so don't think otherwise!" His soft words melted my heart. It was so hard to keep my emotions in control.

"That's not what my problem is Namjoon," I bit my lip gaining the courage to look up into his eyes, "It's the fact she's probably used me, she's been with Sam all this time even through the times he tried to kill me in the cells when I thought he killed her. She's hiding and watched him torture me in their damn cells and make my life a living hell mourning for her. It's embarrassing, the way he's brainwashed her and now she's been telling me complete lies ever since she's made her appearance again." I breathed, letting it all out. I felt much better getting it all out of my chest, but the sadness stayed.

"Why don't you play with Rosa for a while? Hm? I'm sure a mother and daughter play date could fix all your feelings," Namjoon offered, giving me a warm smile. "Sounds perfect, thank you for listening. I hate to trouble Jungkook about this, but he would probably know by now... I guess I will speak to him later."

Namjoon nodded his head, "He is just as confused as you are... as we all are, I need to go and deal with something real quick. I will leave you to go get Rosa." Namjoon said, quickly walking out of the room without giving Lydia a chance to say goodbye.