Chapter Twenty Two: Love

Lydia

Lydia

For the past few days everyone stayed in their rooms, nobody spoke to each other. The house wasn't the same without Hayley here. When Katherine heard the news, she could barely walk. The loss of your own child must be much more than heartbreak.

Nobody felt the same anymore, especially Taehyung. Nobody has seen him for days, not even Jungkook.

"How are you doing?" Jungkook asked coming into our room holding baby Rosa.

"It's never going to get better, the pain is stuck with us forever, she was our best friend, our family." I sighed as another tear rolled down my cheek.

"I know, I know," Jungkook walked over softly rubbing my back, "Have you heard anything about Taehyung yet?" I asked.

Jungkook shook his head, "Nothing yet, hopefully, he comes back soon."

"Yeah hopefully, he must need some alone time."

"I guess so," Jungkook nodded, "How are you holding up about your parents?" he questions.

"I realised they weren't the people I used to know, I'll cherish the memories I have when I was growing up with my mum forever, that's about it... they can all rot in hell along with Sam and Nathaniel."

"I agree," He chuckled, "Take my hand" he held out his right hand for me to take. I held his hand as he pulled me up from my seat, "Dance with me," He whispered into my ear.

A smile grew as I let out a chuckle, "Rosa is here too you know?"

"My mistake. Dance with us." He smirked.

I sighed putting my hand on his shoulder as I put my other hand gently on Rosa's back.

"Can I ask you something?" Jungkook asked.

"You can ask me anything," I whispered into his chest.

"How do you feel about marrying me here and then moving?" I looked up to him as my cheeks started to hurt from smiling, "Like moving out of Dungrove forever?"

"Well, until we get bored anywhere else"

"Deal," I chuckled going back to cuddling his chest.

Jungkook started to hum as I closed my eyes, this felt like a dream. Who would have thought my life would have ended up being like this? Despite all the loss and pain, it was more than perfect. I love everyone who I now called my family with Hayley forever in my heart.

We heard the door open as Namjoon walked in, "Oh, I wasn't disturbing something, was I?" He asked going to shut the door again.

"No, no, come in." I invited him in as I went back to sit on my chair.

"You seem to be in a better mood today, "Namjoon smiled.

"I am, thanks to Jungkook."

"That good, if you're ever hurting, you're not alone, okay?" Namjoon reminded me, I gave him a small nod, "I heard you'll be leaving us soon," Namjoon looked at Jungkook then at me.

"Whenever that day happens make sure I get a day with Rosa before you leave!" Namjoon chuckled to himself before turning around to walk out of the room, "One more thing, Taehyung called. He decided to go back to Korea, look's like we won't be seeing him for a while."

"Ah! Let him gain his happiness back, I'm sure he'll come back someday." Jungkook said as I nodded, "You never know what can happen in the future."

"Well I'll leave you lovebirds to it, I'll see you around the house." Namjoon waved goodbye and it was finally the three of us together again.

"You know what?" Jungkook asked.

"What is it now?"

"I'm sure I still owe you a day at the beach since the last time it got ruined," My eyes lit up as I ran to get my sandals.

I stood in front of the mirror that was directly next to the door. I looked at my reflection as I watched Jungkook in the mirror, he sat looking out the window with Rosa pointing towards the birds. Her laughter filled the room making me smile highly, I couldn't wait to marry this man, I was forever grateful for having him.

"Now where did you put Rosa's hat?" I turned around and searched the room until I found it under the bed, "Nevermind, found it!" I picked it up and ran over to place it on her head.

"Shall we?" He asked holding his hand out.

"We shall!"

The End!

Thank you so much for reading! This book is so short but I expected it to be like this for book 3 :) Thank you for showing so much love with my first and second books! it's crazy how much I'll miss this chaotic family<3

Happy New Year, stay safe :)