Chapter Seventeen: The Search is On PT2

"No sign of him around this area," Yoongi sighed.

"He must be around here somewhere, I just know it." Namjoon frowned, looking around his surroundings.

"Let's check down here, we can't give up now," Jin said, heading towards the next area first as Yoongi and Namjoon followed behind.

"Why couldn't we be werewolves? They could sniff the hell outta shit, we could have caught him in no time." Yoongi complained.

Namjoon chuckled, "A wolf? What's got into you?"

"It's true, but the fact of bones breaking is a big no." Yoongi shivered at the thought, "Exactly, my brother," Namjoon put his arm around Yoongi's neck as they continued their journey into finding their younger brother.

"I feel terrible for Lydia. Look at how her parents are now treating her. Adelia is a massive reason behind this, Jungkook should have never trusted her." Jin looked back, staring at Namjoon and Yoongi as they nodded.

"I agree, we shouldn't have either... But you couldn't stop Jungkook's love at the time. Look how happy he was." Yoongi added.

"He would do anything for love, I'm just thankful Lydia came at the right time. Look how much she's changed him, she's one in a million." Namjoon praised.

"She sure is," Jin smiled.

As they arrived at their new area, they began their search. They started searching houses one by one. Time wasn't a matter at this point. They were determined to find Taehyung!

"Not in here," Yoongi said, walking out of the opposite house of Namjoon. "No sign of him in here either."

"Where are you Taehyung?" Jin mumbled as he put his hand on his head. His phone started to buzz as he noticed it was Jimin.

He walked away as Namjoon and Yoongi tried more houses. Jin's eyes lit up running over towards Namjoon, "They think they've found where he is hiding," Jin said, copying Jimin's words.

"The abandoned area where everything happened last time, Jimin detected movement in one of the houses at the far end of the street. They aren't completely sure, but it could be something." Jin explained.

"It's worth a try," Yoongi said.

"Let's go... tell everyone to meet there."

~

"So you're meaning to say there's been an accident?" Lydia asked the man.

"We witnessed the blood on the road. Namjoon was there... He told us Taehyung is missing, we can only guess that it was his blood." The man took off his hat as he searched for their expression.

"What?" Lydia was speechless as Hayley just stood there, not able to gather what she had just heard.

"Tell us more. What else did Namjoon say?" Beth asked, "Nothing else, he said they are going to find him, but I just needed to double-check if Taehyung was home or not. Namjoon needs to prove himself worthy of this town. He needs to find Taehyung and kill whoever is doing this." With that, the man walked off into the darkness.

As Lydia was about to shut the door, Hayley held onto it. "What are you doing? Lydia asked.

"Going to find Taehyung, let's go!" She pushed the door wide open and quickly put on her shoes. Lydia and Beth stood clueless. Where would they even start? "Well, are you coming or not?" She yelled, running to the gate.

"Hayley, where are you going?" Katherine yelled, coming into view. Lydia and Beth quickly went past Katherine and followed Hayley.

"We will be okay, we are going to help, we will be back soon. Just stay put if anyone comes to the door!" Beth quickly shouted towards Katherine.

She stood puzzled. They needed to stay home, it was too dangerous.

"No girls wait!" Katherine yelled out, but it was too late, they were already gone.