You promised...

Team's pov:

You promised you would come back home. Maybe I should have asked you, if it meant you would come back to me. And now I guess, that was not your promise.

You know, I always dreamt... about us, only us, and our future... our future together for which I had even bought an apartment for us secretly, just to surprise you with the thought we could happily live in there when you return back. I had to work part time jobs and save for buying the home for us, hardly spending a penny for myself but it was of no use it seems. Yeah you came back but I never expected to see you like that...

Did you know where I'm now, in home, the one that we would have called ours if...if you were here with me, lying on the bed trying to sleep. I specially bought this mattress for you, investing more time to find the right one with same quality soft duvet you'd like, remember the one bluish ash colour that you wanted to buy last time we went to the mall.

Cocooned in it, still it won't be warm as you were, not the safe place, my heaven. Wish you were here with me, hia.

Author's pov:

Win's parents were not ashamed of his sexuality yet they wished that when Win introduces his partner to them one day, the partner should a woman, then marry her and have children, which would resemble a real family according to them and that's what they wanted. Knowing this, Win was taking his time before introducing Team to his family, he had already planned he would do it when he return from England completing his masters.

Not only he had planned that, he had also decided to propose Team after. Team himself heard this when Win explained his secret little plan to Dean and the young lover didn't dare to breathe a word to anyone especially Win trying to not spoil his surprise for him and settled on to wait for the day, expecting time to travel faster like that day would be the next moment if possible; and he would pretend that he was really shocked by the surprise proposal but truly he would be amazed having those unshed clearly happy tears shining with the love for his hia, admiring him more. But...

.

.

.

Vacating his dorm, Win took the ride for airport. Unfortunately on the way , he had an accident, a thief after robbing in a shop trying to escape the police he sped in his car in the highways crashing into the cab Win was traveling causing it to bump in the safety barricades on the roadside, almost crushing the cab. Rushed to the hospital by the paramedics, Win was reported dead in the hospital an hour later.

Team was informed about it only after two days on the funeral day.

                                                                                      -----

... his dream was shattered and everything became a frozen blurred visual which couldn't be revived again.

He was left alone now, shivering in the cold night breeze, even the usually consoling dark sky besides staying silent did nothing.

Team's pov:

The belief I had in your words; never thought you would leave me like this, hia.

You promised me, you promised...

Note:

Hope I didn't disappoint you guys, I know this one is too short and pretty lame.

Inspired by this picture I don't remember where I saw it.

R.I.P my poor memory😭🤧