(1) The New Boy

*Michael's Pov* 

I woke up, yawning. I picked up my phone to see Rachel, My best friend from back home, had texted me good luck. I pushed my hair out of my face, getting up out of my bed. I walked into the  bathroom, seeing my hair was still platinum blonde thankfully. I'm waiting to wake up and it be some crazy color by Michaela. I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, and went to get dressed. I opened a box that I was supposed to put away yesterday, but Michaela wasn't up to it, which is alright. I pulled out the top pair of skinny jeans and pulled them on. I pulled out a t-shirt from my closet and pulled it on. I grabbed my vans from under my bed and a pair of black socks and put them on. I pulled a black beanie on over my hair, and grabbed my blue Jean jacket. I picked my phone and backpack up. I went down into the kitchen and grabbed a waffle from mom's plate. She smiled at me, "Have a good day guys." 

"Thanks mom" 

I smiled happily, walking to the door. I went out getting in my car, and I took a deep breath. I can do this, I can get through this first school day. I got out of the drive way, and drove towards the school. I pulled into a parking spot, about to open my door. A black car flew up, with a big dude that got out. He just looked at me, then someone yelled, "Nick, lets go!" 

"Coming Luke!"

I turned to look at this Luke guy. He has blonde curly hair. He smirked at me and winked. I looked away, closing my car door. I walked up to the front doors, walking in and started looking for the front office. I found it pretty quickly. I walked in to see a secretary sitting at the desk, "You must be Michael. He's all of your things and Calum here is going to show you around. If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask him."

"Thanks"

A kid with dark black hair stood up out of one of the chairs. He was a little shorter than me, but had tattoos on his arms and was very muscular. He overall just looked hot. He walked up smiling, "Hi my name's Calum."

"And mine's Michael, but you already know that"

He smiled at me happily. "Well let's go silly." 

He turned, walking out of the office. I turned, following him out after him. He looked back at me, "Can I see your schedule?" 

I quickly rummaged through the things the woman gave me, finally finding my schedule. I handed it over and he began to look at it. He looked up, smiling, "You've got two classes with me, so that's cool. At least you'll know someone." 

"Ya, thanks for that"

"So where'd you come from? Like where did you live before coming to Brisbane"

"Oh, We just moved here from Melbourne" 

"That's awesome, it's really nice down there."

"Ya, it is.."

"Now, let me get you to first period, the bells gonna ring in a couple of minutes."

He walked me down the halls, all kinds of people talking to him, then just giving me looks. I kept my head down, walking into the classroom. Calum walked up to the teacher, talking to him. The teacher looked over at me, then back to Calum. He turned to me, smiled, then walked out of the room. The teacher turn towards the class, "Guy's we have a new student today. His name is Michael and he's moved here from Melbourne." 

He pointed towards me and I weakly smiled. The guy from outside that winked  just stared at me. He had a couple of those friends with him. I also noticed some popular people throwing paper balls at a sweet looking boy in the corner. He was doodling in a notebook and seems super sweet. I noticed that the only open seat was over by the window beside a taller kid. I walked over, sitting down beside him. "Hi, my names Michael"

"It's nice to meet you Michael, my names James." 

I pulled the seat out, sitting down beside him. "So what class is this?"

"It's Art II. I'm guessing you took Art I last year or at your old school? It's really fun and nice in here though, as long as you don't bother Luke or his gang. They might try and pester or flirt with you, but they won't do much more than that." 

"Oh, alright. Sounds cool, and Ya I like art. It's pretty cool, I like Writing Lyrics and Sketching a lot." 

"You'll have to let me read some of your lyrics sometimes." 

"Ya, definitely." 

I smiled at him happily, waiting for the teacher to start class. 

After the class was over, I stood up walking out, looking for my next class period. A kid pushed into me, "Watch it freak!" 

I took a step back, feeling my blood begin to boil. Not now, not here. I took a deep breath, heading towards my next class. I walked in the door to see nobody from my first period in here, only the guy who called me a freak earlier. I quickly took a seat in the front, far away from that guy. The kid that was sleeping in my last class rushed in just as the bell rang. He quickly walked over, sitting down beside me. The teacher began to teach English, the boy looked over at me. " H-hi, do you have a pencil that i could borrow please?"

"Ya, sure love." 

I grabbed one out of my backpack, handing it to them. I smiled, feeling Mikey coming towards the front. He seems to like this kid. I can't let us switch in school. Atleast not today, I need to get through this day as Michael, not mikey. 

"What's your name?"

"Oh, i'm Mikey, what's yours?"

"A-ashton, but alot of people just call me ash."

"That's really cute Ashton."

He blushed, looking down at his paper. I smirked, feeling mikey satisfied with himself for making ashton blush. I started to work on the paper, smiling happily.

It was the end of the day and I walked out of the building, over to my car. I noticed that Luke kid and all of his friends, leaning on the school wall smoking and carrying on. 

I started the car, driving back home. I got out, walking into the house. My mom was sitting on the couch and smiled at me, "How was your first day sweetie, Did anything happen?"

"It was good, I met a couple of nice kids. Theirs this one asshole though, Mikey doesn't take kindly to him. I was able to keep him in though, so thankfully we didn't switch today, he only co-fronted. I'm definitely hungry though and ready for dinner."

"Once your father gets home from work. I'm about to start dinner. You can get a snack though if you would like."

"Ok, thank mom"

"Sure thing sweetie"

I threw my backpack up on my shoulder, heading towards the stairs. I got up to my room, feeling tired. I flopped down on my bed, thinking about how the day had gone. I closed my eyes, letting myself fall asleep.