31

Namjoon had a lot to think about.

He laid on the bed in Yoongi's basement, hands tucked behind his head, staring at the ceiling as last nights events swirled around in his mind.

Who the hell had attacked that policeman, and killed the chief? It had to be the killer, didn't it? If the box hadn't been stolen, then one could assume the attack was a random one, fueled by someone's hatred for the police.

But the box of evidence and tapes was stolen.

And the only people who knew about the case being re-investigated were him, Yoongi, Hoseok and Yin.

And Namjoon knew he hadn't done this, nor had Yoongi. Hoseok hadn't, because he was filmed by the police camera's when the attack happened and if he had staged everything and stolen the box, they would know about it.

Besides, if Hoseok was a killer, he easily could have destroyed that box at any point in time discreetly.

So it had to be Yin, right? The driver?

It added up- he could have been lying when Yoongi questioned him and then tried to cover up the truth when he realized Yoongi was serious about exposing what really happened that night.

Namjoon made a mental note to question the man again, to try and confirm an alibi.

Oh, and can't forget he had to deal with a snooping detective now.

Fucking great.

The last thing he needed from all this was an investigator investigating him.

But despite all the thoughts he had on all this, something else kept creeping into his mind.

Seokjin...

Their kiss, specifically.

How good it had felt.

How he was still tingling from it.

How he knew he couldn't kill either of Yoongi's brothers now.

Something had changed, but he wasn't sure what.

He scratched his inner wrist absentmindedly.

A knock on his door, and then Yoongi stepped inside.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Yoongi shuffled over, still dressed in the baggy sweats he had changed into when they had gotten home last night. His depression outfit.

Namjoon sat up, leaning against the headboard to make room for Yoongi.

Yoongi sat on the bed, fidgeting with his too long sleeves.

"Are you going to apologize again?" Namjoon teased.

Yoongi scowled, blush coating his cheeks as he remembered his outburst last night. "You can't blame me for having emotions. My friend nearly died."

"I'm not blaming. Just gunna tease you about it until the end of time."

Yoongi shot him a smile, relieved everything was okay between them again.

"Hey...Joon...?" Seokjin stood at the doorway, glancing everywhere but at the student.

"Yeah?" Namjoon's heart did a little flip when he saw the pretty boy.

"Someone's at the door for you. A detective?" Seokjin frowned.

Namjoon sighed, climbing off the bed. "Yeah, my mom is over protective."

Seokjin stepped aside so Namjoon could head up the stairs, both boys blushing when they brushed against each other.

Seokjin glanced to Yoongi, who was laying in a curled up ball on the bed, clutching a pillow to his chest.

"Yoongi, what's the matter?"

He expected Yoongi to push him away like usual, so he was entirely shocked when Yoongi sniffled and reached his arms out to his big brother.

"Yoongi..." He walked over, sitting on the bed. He reached a hand out and rubbed the boys back comfortingly. "What's wrong, baby?"

"Can you stay home today?" Yoongi pleaded in a soft voice. "Please?"

"I have to go to work." Seokjin murmured, running his fingers through Yoongi's hair. "Are you feeling sick? I just dropped Jungkook off at Dr. Kim's, so he should be okay if you have a cold."

Yoongi shook his head, reaching up to grab Seokjin, pulling him down to lay next to him and curled himself up against his brother.

Seokjin sighed, though he was smiling. "I didn't realize I had two tiny little baby brothers."

"Not a baby." Yoongi's voice was muffled. "Stay home today."

"Are you going to tell me what's going on? Is this about that project you're working on?"

Yoongi just squeezed him tighter, not wanting to talk about it.

Seokjin resigned himself to staying home for the day, unable to ignore his older brother instincts.

"Alright, I won't go in today. It'll be just us. We haven't had a JinGi day in years." He got comfortable, pulling the covers up over the both of them as he held Yoongi. He smiled, remembering the last time they shared a bed.

"Remember when we used to share the same room? Mom and dad got us bunk beds, and we thought it was the coolest shit ever. And you wanted the top bunk so bad until you spent the night there and got scared of the height, so I had to climb up there with you and carry you down to my bunk. They came in in the morning and saw us sleeping together and took pictures, and we shared the bottom bunk until we grew out of it."

Yoongi remembered. It was about seventeen years ago, before the crash happened. When Jungkook was just a babbling three year old, playing with his bunny stuffed animal.

"It was a cool room." Yoongi murmured tiredly as Seokjin played with his hair. "Had pictures of race cars hanging up."

"Dope shit." Seokjin teased with a laugh.

Yoongi smiled softly, relaxing in the good memories.

"Remember when Jungkook was just born?" Seokjin continued. "You hated him, because you thought he was going to take your place."

It was true, four year old Yoongi hadn't like the pink faced screaming newborn, convinced the tiny little noise box was going to steal his place as being Seokjin's best friend.

And then one night he had been woken up by crying, and had wandered into Jungkook's nursery.

He had stood on his tip toes, peering into the crib as the tiny baby wailed. His bunny toy had fallen through the bars of the crib.

Yoongi had picked it up and pushed it back inside, so it was brushing against the baby.

Jungkook had quieted almost instantly, feeling the familiar soft fabric against his cheek and had drifted right back to sleep.

Their parents found them that morning, with Yoongi fast asleep against the crib, one hand still pushed inside so the stuffed animal wouldn't fall out again.

"One time," Seokjin continued, his eyes staring at something far away. "When I was seven, I saw mom and dad dancing together on the balcony under the stars. They looked so happy, even though there was no music. They truly were soulmates."

"What was their symbol?" Yoongi asked, half asleep. "I don't 'member."

"Mom was so beautiful. Dad had a flower on his wrist, the symbol of beauty. And mom had a tiny bee, and she always said the bee chose dad's flower, and that was why they were soulmates."

" 's cute." Yoongi murmured, yawning.

"Mhm." Seokjin agreed.

Speaking of soulmates...

"Yoon..." Seokjin whispered. "I...need to tell you something."

He glanced down when Yoongi didn't reply, and saw the boy was asleep.

He sighed, deciding to tell him later.