14

Hoseok hopped up the small steps to the front door, raising his hand to knock on it.

He pulled out his phone as he waited, smiling as he reread his and Yoongi's texts. Quickly sending off another one asking about dinner again, Hoseok pocketed the device as the door opened.

Taehyung smiled. "Hobi! Are you still on duty?"

"Just got off." Hoseok beamed. "Wanted to come see you."

Taehyung stepped aside to let him in. "Of course, come inside. The baby is here, Seokjin will be picking him up soon."

Hoseok nodded, walking into the living room to see Jungkook watching TV, munching on some snacks in a bowl.

"Hey buddy," Hoseok greeted. "Mind if I sit next to you?"

Jungkook shook his head, patting the seat next to him on the couch, not taking his eyes off of the screen.

Hoseok took a seat. "How's he doing? Is the medication working?"

Taehyung walked over, crouching in front of Jungkook. "Hey, Gguk duck, can we try tying your shoes again?"

Jungkook nodded, sliding off the couch to dutifully grab his shoes.

The two men watched, silent in anticipation as Jungkook padded back and plopped down on the carpet, legs stretched out in front of him.

"Need helps." Jungkook said, distracted by the TV again. He pointed at his shoes for someone to help him with.

Taehyung shook his head. "No, Goobie, you have to try to put them on yourself. Like Jinnie and Gigi showed you."

Jungkook pouted, turning back to face them.

"Come on, I'll help you slide them on and then you can try tying them." Hoseok offered, getting off the couch to sit in front of the boy.

Jungkook nodded, watching as the cop gently eased the light up sneakers onto Jungkook's sock covered feet.

"Now try to tie them. Remember the knot Jinnie showed you?" Taehyung prompted.

Jungkook frowned in concentration, staring at the unmoving white laces.

Finally, he reached out slowly, grabbing them. He crossed them over each other, and then threaded one lace under and pulled both ends tight-

He froze, eye's going wide as he stared at something the doctor and policeman couldn't see.

"Jungkook?" Hoseok shook the boys shoulder, then again a little harder when Jungkook didn't flinch or blink.

"This is what happens." Taehyung explained. "He just has an episode and nothing can bring him out of one."

"How long do they last?" Hoseok waved his hand in front of the boys face.

"Not long. He should be back soon." Taehyung reached out and tied the boys shoes for him.

Jungkook blinked, looking down at the laces. He looked back up at Taehyung.

"Jungkookie did?"

"You did." Taehyung lied, smiling warmly. "Good job!"

Jungkook giggled, then his attention was caught by the TV again.

Hoseok sighed and sat back on the couch. "Man. There's no words for that."

Taehyung agreed, watching Jungkook sing along to the cartoon animals on the screen.

There was less than no words for it- there wasn't even a name for what Jungkook had.

And Taehyung didn't think there ever would be.