Chapter Four || Nightfall

(Corey's POV)

"Seriously, Corey. You need to go now. It's almost ten!" Markovna laughed, pushing me to the window.

I giggled, grabbing her hands and pinning them to her back. "Your accent is so strong when you're in a feisty mood."

She tugged her left arm away and hit me on the arm lightly, looking at the ground. MY CHANCE, YES.

I leaned in to kiss her. (Yes, on the lips.) She put her free hand to my chest and pushed me lightly.

"Corey, you need to understand something..." Markovna sighed, running a hand through her long, beautiful brown hair. God she looked pretty.

"Understand what?" I asked, moving closer to her. I put my hand in hers and eyed her up and down, landing my eyes on her lips as she began to speak.

"We can't... We can't kiss." She whispered.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why? Are you scared that I'll give you cold sores?"

I stupidly laughed at my own joke, receiving a threatening glance from Markovna.

"I got attached to a guy once. He was my first kiss, my first boyfriend and my first-"

"The first guy you made love to?" I stared at the wall awkwardly.

Markovna sighed again. "No, there was no 'love making'. He just wanted to screw. That's what he told me we were after that night... Screw buddies."

She started to cry so I pulled her into me, her resting her head on my shoulder.

"I thought what we had was special. I promised that after that, I would never get attached to another guy again. I mean, the whole-thing-started-" she said in between sniffles.

I stroked her hair, replying, "with a kiss?"

I felt her nod as she tug me closer. You know someone for two days and you learn so much about them.

"Bro, you should lay down." I said, stroking her hair. I didn't stroke it in a creepy way like a pervert would. I stroked it normally.

She looked up at me and gave me a glare. "Tupitsa."

I have no clue what she said. It's probably some Russian voodoo shit.

"Thanks, Markovna." I guess it was a compliment. I mean, she was giving me the vulnerable eyes.

I felt sweat travel down my neck. Why? I have no fucking idea. It's hot in here. I should leave. NO I should stay. Markovna needs me. I think...

I walked over to the bed and laid down, her following me. She laid beside me and cuddled up, placing her head in the crook of my neck.

"I'm such a ween. I'm so emotional."'she laughed slightly.

I grinned at the sound of hearing her laugh.

"We can be the ween couple."

I felt her nod against me. I brushed her hair out of her face.

"Go to sleep, Kov." I whispered. I closed my eyes, pulling her tighter.

"Goodnight, Corey."

__________________________________________________

Ooh so okay, Markovna and Corey are being so cute rn.

I'm praising myself.

Like, they're going to sleep together and that's cute. Really cute.

"Bucket of cuteness"

Don't forget to vote/comment/continue reading!!

Thanks to everyone that does so!! I love you all!!

.x ❤️ Hill