Chapter Twelve || No

March 10, 1989
1:39pm
Markovna's house
Markovna's POV

"Are you kidding? That's an ugly name!" I couldn't help but laugh at the sound of Tino Haskell Abramovitz-Haim.

I've been on the phone with Corey for probably two hours. Once we get talking, we just can't stop. Lately we've been closer than usual. Especially because of the baby.

"Well, I gotta go. My mom wants to take me out for dinner tonight. I feel like she's gonna pull some sort of Israeli voodoo crap again. Bye, my bucket of cuteness!" Corey laughed and hung up.

I laid back onto my bed, tossing the phone into my laundry bin.

We both need to tell our families about the baby thing. My mom and step-dad, Jeff, will probably die of shock. His mom, I don't know. Then there's my sisters Amelia and Laurente.

Laurente will probably get all depressed and shit since she's the "star" of the family, and this'll probably steal her thunder. Amelia has two sons. Twins, in fact. She had then when she was 21.

My mother was a teen mom. She had Laurente when she was seventeen and me when she was nineteen. Jeff is a decade older than my mom, and he has Amelia from a previous marriage. I know it sounds confusing, but you get used to it.

I heard a car rumble into the garage. My mom was home. Time to come clean.

I opened my door quietly, quickly shutting it and rushing down the stairs on tiptoe. I almost missed one, oh my god.

I reached the bottom stair and turned the corner when I saw mom and Amelia talking in the kitchen. I walked in and room and stood in the door way.

"Mom... Amelia... Could I discuss something with you?" I asked as I fought back tears. I promised myself that I wouldn't cry, but I could feel it was all overflowing.

"Sure, baby. What's up?" My mom asked, motioning to a chair across from her.

I sat down at the head of the table. Suddenly the door flew open and Laurente ran through. She stomped throughout the house, finally backing back into the kitchen. She looked at all of us.

"Family meeting?" She asked, laughing.

Mom nodded. "Kind of?"

"Without Jeff? I'm in!" Laurente sat down next to mom and looked around.

She doesn't like Jeff very much. She thinks he's a dick.

"This is t easy for me to tell you guys." I started. I could feel the hot tears stream down my cheeks slowly.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Mom touched my arm.

I placed my face in my hands, screaming. "You're going to hate me, mom! So will you guys!"

Amelia rubbed my back in slow circles. "Just tell us."

"The 'baby' probably got an A- on her English essay." Laurente snickered.

I looked up and all around. "M-mom... Girls..."

I slowed down my breathing and looked at all of them.

"I'm... Well I'm, I'm kind of... You see..." I felt dizzy and the crying started again. I couldn't finish.

"No... No!" My mom yelled, slamming the table. "You can't be!"

I looked up at her, seeing the disappointment and tears in/on her face.

"I'm so sorry. To everybody. I'm so sorry."

"How long has-" my mom wiped her face with her sleeve. "How far along are you?"

I starred at the floor. "A little more than three weeks..." The tears were running out.

Laurente laughed. "She's just pulling a fast one on you guys! She couldn't be pregnant! No boy would want this pathetic thing, let alone fuck it!"

"Laurente Denalisouvinete Kozhurov!" My mom yelled even louder than she did a minute ago. "Watch your filthy mouth!"

Luckily, in my family, we don't take long to show or just noticeable gain or lose weight. Actually... That's a curse too.
I stood, lifting my shirt and showing the teeny tiny bump. All eyes were on it. Laurente cupped her mouth and leaned on the table.

"Oh my god..." Laurente's eyes bugged out. "You are-"

Amelia stood and grabbed me, pulling me into an embrace. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault we moved. No one knew I would get screwed... In both ways." I starred at Laurente.

Everyone in our family knew why we moved. No thanks to that pathetic bitch Laurente.

My mom stood up and looked at me. She didn't say anything. She just walked past us and went upstairs. We heard her and Jeff's bedroom door slam shit.

"She hates me. I'm disowned." I cried into Amelia's arm. I'm only 5'4 and she's around 6'2, so I only reach the middle of her upper arm.

She rubbed my back again. The same way she does when I'm sick. "It's okay, baby. I'll help you get through this." She whispered. "And mom doesn't hate you. She just needs to cool off. Besides, she was just eighteen when she had Laurente.

Laurente was starring at me. Her face looked pained, but sympathetic.

"But I'm fifteen! I'm still a baby!"

Laurente walked over to us and joined in the hug. "The daddy... Is it that boy that was in your room the other week?"

"Corey... Yeah."

"Was that the night you two...?"

"No." I sniffled.

We all pulled away and looked from one to the other. This is the closest we've all been in a couple years. Ever since my and Laurente's dad died, we've been distant. Laurente just stopped hating Amelia last year when she saved her from drowning at 'Patrick's Surf Way'.

"Geez, isn't he a senior?" Laurente asked.

"Eleventh grade. He started school a year late because he was born in December." I smiled a small smile.

She put an arm around me. "Do you love each other?"

"I love him, yeah."

"I understand that, but does he love you?"

I nodded. "Of course!"

What if he didn't? Oh no, I'm doubting. He loves me though! He has to! He promised he always would!

__________________________________________________

OMG you guys!! Thanks for all the support and stuff on this book! I adore you all!!

This chapter is dedicated to that_stiff_yinni because I always see comments/votes from them! Thank you a latte! (See what I did there? Bc it's my fave drink?)

Stay beautiful, gold and strong!!

.x ❤️ Hill