Chapter Five || Out

February 11, 1989
8:34am
Markovna's room
(Markovna's POV)

I heard faint speech. I didn't know what was going on, I mean come on. I just woke up. Is mum really calling to me now? I squinted my eyes, glancing upwards at the face of my older sister, Laurente.

"Markovna!"" She yelled at me as soon as my eyes opened. "What is this pest doing in your bed?"

Laurente was tapping her foot impatiently, giving me glares of anger.

I nudged Corey in the ribs, him grabbing a pillow and covering his face, muffling his groans.

"Mom, I need at least ten more minutes." He rolled over.

I leaned towards him. "Corey, you might want to explain this nonsense with me instead of leaving me in the open."

He rolled back over, removing the pillow. He stared up towards Laurente, his eyes widening.

"Are you the maid?" Corey said squinting.

I couldn't help but look at him in terror. My sister would rip him to shreds. She's eighteen and really mean. That sounds pretty cool in my head. All rhyme-ish and stuff. *mentally pats self on back for effort*

"Corey, this is my sister, Laurente." I sit up straighter, grabbing a pillow and pulling it to my chest. Corey sits up as well, leaning against the back board.

"Markovna, you never answered my question. What is this thing doing in your bed, let alone your room?" Laurente placed a hand on her hip and stared at both Corey and I.

I had to think up a lie fast. Ugh, this'll be tough.

"Well, I... Uh-" I was cut off by Corey.

"I came over to help Markovna study for a literature exam that we have on Wednesday. I guess we just got so tired, we fell asleep while reading." Corey stated nonchalantly.

Jesus, he's a tremendous liar!

Laurente sat at the edge of the bed, looking to and from us. ''Did you guys fuck?"

"Laurente! No!" I yelled loudly. "Ew!"

"Hey." Corey said, touching my shoulder. "I'd be great in bed."

Laurente laughed, looking at Corey.

"What are you?" she asked, still laughing.

"I'm Greased Lightning." Corey shrugged, shooting a grin towards me.

Laurente laid down, clutching a pillow to her chest. "I feel like I should tell on you, but I guess I won't, since I did something similar. But with the frickle frackle deedle dee." She laughed.

"Do I know him?" Corey asked, laying on his belly.

Why are my older sister and... friend? having girl talk? Ugh, this is gross.

"You mean "Do I know her?"." Laurente made a finger gun, pointing it at the ceiling.

"So if Scott likes dick, then you like..."

"Markovna, please. Keep it PG-13. But yes. I indeedily do like pussy." Laurente sat up and looked at me.

"Do not under any circumstances tell mom! You know what her views on homosexuality are!" She whisper yelled.

Corey wrapped an arm around me. "She won't. And neither will I!"

I looked at Corey, smirking.

"Besides, everyone has to keep a secret or two." He winked.

Laurente finally got up and walked out the door, slamming it behind her. I looked at Corey, wide eyes.

"I had no clue that my sister was lesbian. What. The. Fuck." I laughed. "I cannot believe she never told me that! She knows I would've approved! I do now but... Do you think she was scared?!"

Corey pulled me close to him. I could smell his breath. Nasty.

"She probably thought that you'd squeal." I leant over and grabbed a pack of mints from my book bag as he spoke, breaking from his embrace. I popped one in my mouth, handing him one.

"Why did you say "No" when she asked if we did it?" He finally said, leaning back again.

I shrugged. "Because I don't want to get in trouble."

"No wonder we're the ween couple." Corey sighed. "You're afraid of trouble and I'm afraid of peace."

I have no clue if he meant that in a rebellious way or not, but... I don't know.

Oh geez. My stomach feels weird. Why is it fluttering? This is gross.

No. No, I am not getting feelings.

Yes. Yes, I am.

I think I'm falling in love with Corey.

Oh no.

Ew.

This is bad.

_________________________________________________

I cannot wait for you guys to meet the girlfriend!!

She'll be fab...

Like you. ❤️

There is gonna be some major plot twistage and I think you guys will probably be mad but whatever.

Comment your ideas about what the twist may be!! I love hearing,

(Or reading),

your ideas!!

.x ❤️ Hill