Chapter Six || Sour

February 13, 1989
8:39am
Jacobo Rimes High
Markovna's POV

I walked into home room, taking my seat next to Blair. She had a sour expression on her face, all scrunched up. She looked quite pissed off.

"Hey," I leant over. "Are you alright?"

"Peachy." Blair fake smiled. I hope it wasn't something I did. I mean, I've only been here, going on a week.

I picked at my fingernails awkwardly. I finally gained the courage to talk to her about it.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong? Maybe I can help?" I gulped.

She looked at me, a grin appearing. "You're a good person. Can I trust you? Like, with a secret?"

"Of course!" I nodded. "Anything!"

Blair stood up, gesturing for me to go in the hallway. Her long orange hair swung back and forth as she made her exit. I quickly followed behind, finally stopping at the fountain.

"Okay, you must promise that you won't tell anyone! Especially Corey!" She paused. "Especially my Corey." She corrected.

I slowly nodded, crossing my arms. My bracelets jingled as they fell limp against the material of my dress.

Blair took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes. "I... I have an STD."

I could see tears welling up in her eyes. I covered my mouth, trying to stop my scream. "Blair!" I said, loudly in fact. I pulled her into a hug and then I pulled her inside the bathroom. "What do you got?" I asked concerned. My worry wrinkles started to get very deep.

"The doctor said..." She hid her face and started to scream into her arm. "I have HIV."

I cupped my mouth, tears starting to run down my cheeks. I pulled her closer and held her tight.

"Did you know that Corey was HIV positive?" I said weakly.

Blair stopped shaking, sitting up straight and yet again looking me dead in the eye.

"He's not... But Jamie is."

___________________________________________

This was a really short update, but trust me, the next couple will be way longer!!!

I almost shed a year writing this tbh.

Don't forget to comment/vote/read and spread the word about this story!!

Thank you all for your support! I love you!!

.x ❤️ Hill