Chapter 14

~ Ember

I wake up to see Elena shaking me.

"Ember get up.Mr.D wants you to attend tonight's party!" 

"Okay.okay.I'm coming!"

"Follow me!"Elena grabs my hand.She leads me to a room that has clothes lining the wall and a counter for make up.

"I'll be back!"

Elena says.She runs out the room.I walk around the room checking out the dresses,hair accessories,and shoes.I decided on a Dark green dress,and blue high heeled boots that stop at mid-thigh.I put them on and look in the mirror.I think I look nice.I find a curler and curl the ends of my hair.Then I put my up.I look at the different lipstick colors.I choose a deep red colored lipstick.I apply it just as Elena pokes her head in.

"Wow!You look pretty!"

I blink.

"Elena?"

She nods.She looks older.

"I'm not actually a real person.I was someone who was in your situation.I stayed with him and I lost the game.So I got turned into a doll.Then he turned me into a moving talking doll with a mind of it's own.There's about 3,057 of us.I'm number 3,057.But that does not matter!Come on,Mr Draven will not tolerate anyone being late."

She explains.I nod and follow her.Then we reach a big room.I'm guessing it's a ballroom.The room is filled with women some children and men.I decide to go check out the bar.Then we here someone tap on the microphone.We all look in the direction in the it came from.I see Luke at the microphone stand.

"Thank you all for being here.As we know our previous alpha was captured and killed by the humans.So to maintain peace among our pack,someone was brave enough to step up to the challenge."
I roll my eyes.Next he's gonna introduce him and all the girls are going to giggle.And that's exactly what happened.

"Please give it up for.............Alpha Draven!"

Luke shouts.As prince charming walks on the stage,the crowd erupts in claps.I force myself to clap along with them.And the girly girls being them,they giggle.

"Thank you!I really appreciate it.As you know our previous leader was murdered.So I have taken his position.I have been monitoring our the humans."

The he looks directly at me.I jump and turn my back to him.

"There have been no murders,captured,or tortured wolfs.I look forward to your cooperation and kindness."

Then he walks off stage and everyone claps again.

"You look forward to our kindness?What would know about kindness?"

I snort.

"More than you think,babe."

I whirl around to see prince charming sitting on a chair drinking.

"So,do you like my par-"

"No."I snap.

"Why not?"

"Because you're in it."

"That hurts."

"Does it really?The only you know how to do is enforce pain on people,make them your slave and cause blood shed!"

I scream.

"Ember..."

Draven begins.He tries to put his hand on my shoulder but I slap his hand away.

"No!Ember nothing."Tears fall down my face."You've done nothing to me but hurt me."

I jump up and run outside crying.I run out the building,down the stairs of the balcony,and towards the beach.As I walked the beach,I found a small pool of water 75% surronded by rocks.I took off everything except my lingering folded it.I let my hair down.Then I stepped into the cool water and let my tears fall.The water level went to right below my chin.I let cool water relax me.Prince charming may be.........charming but he stress me out.

"Stupid,stupid,stupid!"

I hear a soft velvety voice above me.I go deeper into the water.So now it goes to the top of my forehead.My Hair spreads out like a lily pad.

"You just don't understand.I see you with others and I get jealous."

"The person above me must be talking to themselves."I say to myself.

Then I hear a thud.

"I want you all to myself.But I fucking can't!"They scream.

They punch part of the cliff and it falls into the water.I bring my head out of the water.Then I stir the water with my finger,allowing me to see who it is.

"Draven............."

"Because you hate me.If only you knew how much it hurts every time you yell,scream,shout at me,when I see you cry."

He runs his hand through his hair.

"But all you see is my rage.You don't see it but every time your around I can't seem to keep my guard up,and if I do,it's not for long.What am I saying?This isn't some corny romance movie."

"Only women are allowed to be emotional."

I have a suffocating feeling in my chest.I slowly swim to the shore and sit there.As I dry off I sin a sad love song that my mother taught me.Few people know it and what it means.So I"ll tell you.It is a song about a girl who fell in love with someone but she didn't know how to show it.So she ended up being sad and lonely until the guy she loved asked her to marry him.And they lived happily ever after.First the female sings then the male sings.When it comes to the male part I hear a soft voice singing the male voice.When the song ended I lied on the sand and stared at the sky.I decide to go back inside since I had completly dried off.I dust all the sand off me and I put my party clothes back on.I put my heeled boots on.When I reach the top of the balcony I see Draven looking out at the sea.I think he's crying.The suffocating feeling in my chest intensifies.

"Draven.......Are yo-mmm"

I tried to asked but he kissed me.Then he stops and bangs his head on the wall right beside my head.

"Draven don't cry.It's okay."

He takes his head off the wall and looks at me in the eyes.I put my hands on his cheecks.

"You're not allowed to cry when I'm around."

"Bu-"

"No."

"Your no-"

"NO!You are not allowed to cry,be sad,or scared when I'm around do you understand me?"

Draven cocks his head and nods.

"Good boy.!" I pat his head.

"Come on alpha,you have a party to attend."

I say as I walk towards the door.

"Wait,Ember."

I look back,smile,and slip inside.