Jealous

Jungkook

I chewed the inside of my cheek, running my tongue across the spot as I watched Jimin. His friend, another dancer with BigHit Dance Company, had come to say hi during our ninth rehearsal. Mingyu. That was his name, Jimin had said when he introduced him to all of us who didn't already know him. Jimin's smile was a little too big when he patted his "friend's" back.

Who was this guy to him anyway? I scrutinized the tall, muscular man grinning down at Jimin. He was handsome, I guess. I desperately tried to find any flaw in his appearance that I could. Why was I acting this way? I'd never been jealous before, and why would I even get jealous of someone I just met over a guy I had only known for two and a half weeks? I knew I was attracted to Jimin, because...well...I have eyes, but was I crushing on him too?

I straightened my back, letting out a soft huff as Mingyu turned to speak to me. "So, how is it working with Jimin? He's such a good dancer it makes you feel unworthy sometimes, doesn't it?"

Jimin playfully slapped Mingyu's shoulder. If looks could kill, Mingyu would've been lifeless on the floor right then and there. "Yeah, he's great," I curtly replied.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Namjoon and Hobi exchange an unreadable glance. I didn't have time to wonder about what they'd silently said because Mingyu didn't seem to take the hint that I didn't want to speak to him.

"Yeah, he is. Have you guys been getting along okay? Jimin is kind of the dominate type."

I didn't know why that particular phrase ate at me so much, but I didn't like him knowing so much about Jimin. Especially that he was a dominate type. How did he know that? What exactly was he implying? Did he and Jimin sleep together and Jimin was dominate? Were they dating right now?

The image of Jimin tangled up with Mingyu wiggled it's way into my thoughts and my stomach turned. I had to get out of here. I couldn't keep looking at them standing so close to each other. I needed fresh air. "Yeah, fine. We get along fine."

I turned on my heels, making a dash from the room. As I left, I heard Mingyu say, "Did I say something wrong?"

Jimin

"Yah! Jungkook! What the hell is wrong with you?" I'd apologized to our crew members and to Mingyu, mumbling something about maybe Jungkook didn't feel well. Something told me it was more than that, though, so I chased after him.

When I caught up to him, Jungkook was pacing and massaging his forehead. His expression was murderous as he turned to me when I called him. He grunted instead of speaking.

"Jungkook, what the hell is wrong with you?" I repeated.

"Did you fuck that guy? Are you dating him?" Jungkook growled back.

I stopped dead in my tracks. What? "What the fuck are you talking about? Mingyu? Am I dating Mingyu?"

"Yeah," he hissed through gritted teeth, "Who the fuck is that guy to you?"

"First, why do you care? Second, why is that any of your business," I could see him growing more agitated the more I spoke, but my anger was rising too, "Third, for your information, no I haven't fucked Mingyu and no I'm not dating him. Fourth, and I ask again, why in the fuck do you care?"

Jungkook deflated with relief. "He just seems like a dick, that's why. We're friends now, right? I'm allowed to care about who my friends are dating."

"I'm not dating anyone, and if you want to know something like that you could just ask instead of being an asshole."

He nodded, not meeting my eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be an asshole. I just...didn't like him for some reason."

"Mingyu isn't a bad guy. He's a really good dancer and my friend. We did a showcase together when I first signed with BigHit. You'd probably really like him."

Why did I regret saying that Jungkook would like Mingyu? My mind conjured an image of Jungkook and Mingyu kissing and I practically snarled.

"Or maybe you wouldn't like him. He's not that great."

Jungkook shot me a half-smile. "No, he's not," he agreed.