May 26th

Shotaro found himself in a familiar scene this particular afternoon, it being one of the days where he felt as though he could do things. He was a functioning adult. Hell, he was nearing 30.

He's a part of society now.

Well, he has been. At this moment, he was scrubbing another glass, but this one didn't have a stain in it. That would make things easier.

"Baby?"

Shotaro turned around, now meeting eyes with Sungchan. "Channie."

No more words were shared between the two during the exchange. Sungchan stepped into the kitchen, grabbing one of the other dishes that was in the sink as well as a sponge.

Shotaro wanted to fill the silence, and then he remembered the conversation he'd had with Dejun. "I was talking to Dejun the other day, and he was talking about a botanist garden he went to with Kun and Lea."

"Oh." Sungchan hummed. "I haven't seen any of them in forever. How are they?"

"They're doing better than us." Shotaro doesn't mean to sound very angry, but he basically snaps back at Sungchan. "Sorry."

"It's alright." Sungchan placed down plate he was washing. He looked at Shotaro, sighing.

Shotaro didn't know if he was supposed to say something or not, but he kept his mouth shut and started cleaning the next plate.

"When do you think you're going to work?"

Work. Shotaro's on paternity leave at the moment, and it's meant to last for 3 more months. Obviously, things hadn't gone that direction, so now it's all a matter of choice. "I wasn't really thinking about it."

"Obviously it doesn't have to be anytime soon." Sungchan's arm wrapped around Shotaro's waist. "I just... want you to get outside."

"I can take walks." Shotaro didn't want to get outside. He'd really rather stay wrapped up as a lump in his bed than do anything else, because he felt like he lost so much energy.

The look on Sungchan's face wasn't exactly like he was pleased, but he didn't add on to what he seemingly wanted to say. "That works."

Shotaro placed down what he was cleaning, suddenly exhasted. Really, since the... he had to say it, miscarriage, his energy levels and mood had been swinging up and down. Just that took away his energy, and the sudden losses of energy didn't help him either.

He looked at Sungchan, eyes growing heavy. "Can we just go to sleep?"

"Alright." Sungchan grabbed Shotaro's hand, leading him up the stairs.

They arrived in less than a minute, though the older felt as though he'd been walking for ten. He crawled under the covers, eyes squeezing shut. "Channie?"

"Yes, Taro?"

"Are you coming to sleep?"

He heard shuffling for a moment. "I'm going to finish up the dishes."

"Come back fast."

The door closed, and Shotaro was left alone with his thoughts. A place that he didn't exactly enjoy.

***

reminder that they're all like 28 in this