July 31st

Somehow, somehow, Shotaro made it to the end of July.

His best guess on how he had done so was the help of the outdoors. Despite how hot it was getting outside, if he had the energy to slather on some sunscreen and pick out a hat, then Shotaro would be going outside. Sometimues Sungchan joined him on these walks, sometimes he didn't.

It was actually when Shotaro was taking a walk alone that he came across Jaehyun and Lili. He was intending on keeping his eyes up and having a bit of small talk with Jaehyun before continuing on his walk. However, this plan went out the window when Lili wobbled over to him and hugged his legs. "Tarie!"

The nickname in the girl's voice made Shotaro's heart break a little, but he crouched down to her height to actually hug her. "Hi, Lili! And hello, Jaehyun."

"Hey." Jaehyun smiled as he watched the two interract. "I presume that you're going for a walk as well."

"Yep." Shotaro stared directly at the hair clips in Lili's hair, arranged in a fashion that he knew she had done herself.

"Lili kinda dragged me out here, though."

The little girl turned around at the mention of her name, a pout on her face. "You said you wanted to come!"

"Sure."

Shotaro chuckled a bit at the two's interaction. He guessed that Jungwoo was busy with... pregnancy things, and Robbie was most likely at a friend's house. He was a very extroverted eight year old, but all kids were like that.

Shotaro felt the prick of pretential tears when he thought about it.

"I did my hair all by myself, Tarie!" Lili did a little spin. "'Ba did clothes, though."

"It's a very cute hairstyle, Lili," Shotaro replied respectfully, giving the girl a high five. "Nice work!"

Jaehyun cleared his throat. "We'll leave you to your walk, then. Say by, Li."

Lili frowned, but waved at Shotaro before attaching herself to Jaehyun's leg.

"Words, Li." Jaehyun picked up the four-year-old, who clearly appreciated the gesture.

"Bye, Tarie!"

"Bye, Lili. I'll see you around, Jae."

Shotaro watched the two walk down three more houses before he let the tears well up in his eyes. He didn't let them drop until he reached home.

Sungchan appeared in the doorway to his and Shotaro's bedroom, having just exited the bathroom. He caught sight of the older curled up on the bed and rushed over.

"Shotaro, Shotaro..." his voice was quiet, soothing, calm. "What's wrong?"

Shotaro didn't have an answer. It wasn't the first time he didn't know how to express himself, and it wasn't going to be the last.