Chapter 7- Happiness

But I keep moving

Can't stop won't stop moving

It's like I got this music 

In my mind saying it's gonna be alrightt

Suddenly the music stopped,

"Beth? You ok? You've seemed off since Thursday." Mark stopped the music.

It was Sunday, the show was tomorrow. Bethany and Derek still haven't talked.

"Yah I'm fine. Sorry. I'm just a little off today. Must be the early nerves setting in." Bethany laughed awkwardly trying to lead away from the truth

"Beth.. Seriously, everything ok?" 

"Yah!" Bethany smiled, "Can we take it from the chorus?" 

"Sure..." Mark cautiously looked at her for a moment before he turned the music back on once again focusing on the dance

They ran through it a few times and decided to take a break. Bethany stayed in the studio to avoid Derek. But only told Mark that she wanted to stay in there. Mark walked into the staff kitchen and saw Derek on his phone. 

"Hey man." He said grabbing a bottle of water off the table

"Hey." He replied blankly.

"Do you know what's up with Bethany? She's seemed a little off since Thursday. She won't tell me anything."

"I don't know. You never know with her." Derek replied blankly once again.

"You guys got in a fight didn't you?" Mark asked finally putting the pieces together.

"How the hell did you figure it out?"

"Your my best friend. She's your girlfriend. I notice things like that. You barely answering my questions. Bethany often getting lost and confused. Zoning out. What happened?"

"We just figured out some stuff in our relationship that isn't that... Stable."

"That's every relationship Derek. But here's the difference between you and Bethany and every other couple. You guys would do anything for eachother. You guys, care about eachother in a way no one else would."

"Mark you don't get it."

"Whatever. just figure it out soon. I can tell she's really hurt."

"Well hell so am I!" Derek yelled causing Val and Witney to turn their heads questioning.

"He's having personal issues..." Mark explained.

Val and Witney didn't reply but just simply exited the room.

"Talk to her." Mark sternly said as if his father.

"What do I say?"

"Whatever you think is right.."

Derek stood there in the kitchen for a few moments thinking about everything that's happened since then. He realized what he had to do to make things right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek walked into Mark and Bethany's studio and saw Bethany. She was looking at herself in the mirror.. Looking down at her body. But all Derek notice was her in a studio.

"Beth?" He called out which cause the brown hair girl to snap her head to see him.

"Hi.. Uh what are you doing in here?"

"we need to talk."

"Yeah we do..." Bethany let out a sigh.

"There were things said. And I've been thinking." Derek looked at Bethany who was looking down at the ground.