Chapter 32- Awkward Tension

"Babe you ready to go?" Derek asked from the living room.

"Yeah." Bethany said walking out into the hallway applying lipstick in the mirror.

"Thank you for doing this." Derek wrapped his arms around her kissing her forehead.

"Yeah will, if no one else shows up I'm out." Bethany warned.

"They better show up." Derek laughed lightly, "Shall we?" He asked holding out his arm for her.

"Yeah whatever." Bethany laughed at his cheesiness taking the arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Derek!" Sadie ran up, "Bethany..." Sadie's smile faded. "Why is she here?" Sadie hissed.

"She's my fiancee. After all, I never said it would just be us. Everyone else should be here soon." Derek smirked.

"Everyone else.." Sadie stood there with a shocked expression.

"Bc, Mark, Witney, and Val."

"That's a lot of people. The more the merrier right.." Sadie forced a fake smile that still let the bitch shine through.

As they sat down Witney and Val walked in.

"Hey guys!" Val smiled hugging Bethany and patted Sadie's shoulder in the awkwardness.

"Sit please!" Bethany said in an almost pleading way.

"Where are Mark and Bc?" Bethany whispered int Derek's ear as they all settled down.

"I don't know!"

"Well I'm out of here if they don't show up soon."

"They'll come." Derek promised.

"Hello, I'm Rachel and I'll be your waitress tonight, can I get you guys started with some drinks?"

"I'll have a pepsi." Witney smiled.

"I'll have the same as the blondie." Val said making everyone laugh.

"I'll get an ice tea." Derek said.

"I'll get the same as him." Sadie smiled.

"I'll just have water." Bethany finished, "We also have two others coming."

"Just get them water." Derek finished Bethany's sentence.

"Alright so 3 waters. 2 pepsis, 2 ice teas coming up!"

The conversation in the room was light, talking about the show next week and what dances were going on. Everyone knew Sadie didn't like this.

"Well, did you hear that I got a part on a Disney show?" Sadie smiled proudly.

"What show?" Bethany asked.

"It's that one with the blonde girl who plays two people and there's that one with the glasses..."

"Liv and Maddie?" Val laughed.

"Yeah that one!"

"Cool..." Everyone said in unison.. The awkward tension came back after minutes of normal conversation.

"WHY SO QUIET IN HERE!" Mark yelled entering the private room.

"MARK! BC! So glad you came!" Bethany jumped out of her seat to hug them.

"Hey bae!" Mark hugged Bethany.

Bethany looked down at the floor... 

"What are you staring at?" Mark asked.