Chapter 9- Pull Away

"You wanna open the card?" Mark asked holding the envelope that contained their dance style and the theme of the week.

"YEAHH!!!" Bethany exclaimed. Grabbing the envelope. Opening it to read

Dancing With The Stars

Bethany & Mark

Week 3:

70s week.

Hip Hop

"70s hip hop!!" Bethany exclaimed.

"hip hop.. Ok! We got this! Hip hop is all about swag."

"See, I don't know what swag is.. So I hope I have it." Bethany laughed awkwardly. "Mark what is swag?"

"Confidence, in everything that you do."

"Do I have swag?" She asked.

"You have so much swag." Mark said with confidence or better yet, swag.

Bethany smiled and did a dumb little step dance thing, moving her arms up and down.

"Until you did that." Mark laughed causing everyone else to laugh.

It was hours later, Mark had to go out for a pros rehearsal. Bethany was in their studio rehearsing what she learned that day. She stopped mid in her tracks when she thought of how her and Derek use to dance in their living room to whatever music was playing on the radio. She started to tear up.

"Bethany?" A male voice called out

Bethany looked up to see Mark walking in with sorry eyes.

"Hey. I was just..."

"Missing him?"

"Rehearsing the dance.."

"You guys were together for three years. It's ok to cry about the breakup."

"It's fine.." Bethany rubbed her arm.

"Listen... Your like my sister, Derek's my best friend. But best friends needs a lesson sometimes. I've got an idea about something we can add to the dance.." Mark smirked.

"What would that have to do with Derek?" Bethany asked.

"It won't make him the happiest." Mark smiled and grabbed her hand as they started to rehearse again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Derek!!! What's going on with you!? Focus!!! We need to finish cheographing this!" Witney said snapping him out of thought.

"What? Sorry."

"What's going on with you?"

"Nothing."

"Derek..."

"I need to get back to rehersal with Sadie." Derek lied... Sadie went home hours ago.

"Derek... It's 1 AM."

"I need to go home."

"Ok go, we'll continue this tomorrow."

Derek walked out and passed by Mark and Bethany's studio to see Mark still there. He walked in thinking Bethany wasn't there.

"Hey man." Derek said walking into the studio.

"Hey. What are you still doing here?"

"Witney wanted to finish the cheography for the pros dance."

"ohh."

"Is Beth still here?"

"No she went home."