♡2♡

While Gwen fed their baby, Kagami got ready for school and cooked breakfast. Gwen was never fussy with food so he cooked a typical Japanese breakfast consisting of grilled fish, miso soup, rice, and pickled vegetables with some dried seaweed.

When Gwen walked into the living room holding Shion, the table was set and displayed Kagami's beautiful cooking skills. She smelled the food and felt her appetite grow.

"Come and eat," Kagami said seeing her. She smiled and nodded before placing the little guy in his rocking chair and taking a seat at the table. 

""Itadakimasu,"" the duo said simultaneously. 

While Gwen was American, she took it upon herself to learn Japanese and the Japanese culture. It started when she and Kagami became an official couple and he taught her some Japanese phrases and words which she easily picked up. 

Her determination to learn only solidified when it was decided she would be living in Japan. Right now, her level was probably at an intermediate level. She was able to have conversations and write hiragana but she still needed to learn more.

Thankfully, there were countless online courses she could take so she signed up for one along with her normal studies.

As the two ate their food, Gwen asked, "I know you have basketball training today, are you going to be late?"

"Today's only the first day so I don't think I'll be very late. But later on, I'll have to ask coach for early leave," he replied shoving a large spoonful of rice in his mouth. His eating habits were as horrendous as ever but Gwen found it funny and stuck out her hand to pick a piece of rice on his cheek.

She licked the rice off her finger and gave him a cheeky grin making him roll his eyes and blush.

A soft gurgle brought the couple's attention to the little rice ball in the rocking chair. The rice ball's eyes were wide open watching his parents while his tiny hand was inside his mouth. 

Kagami looked at his son and a gentle smile appeared on his face. A smile that was unfamiliar for the rough and hotheaded teen.

He reached out his calloused hand and gently removed the babe's hand away from his mouth. The child let out a quiet protest but stopped when given a pacifier. His mother rocked his chair gently and continued eating her meal.

The couple finished up breakfast and Gwen took care of the dishes while Kagami changed Shion's diapers. He held up the little guy's legs and cleaned up the poop before replacing the stinky diaper and tossing it in the trash.

After that, he played around with the baby while Gwen had a shower and after she was finished getting ready, he gave her a chaste kiss and kissed his son's soft forehead before grabbing his school bag and dashing to the train station.

--School--

Kagami was awfully fidgety, Kuroko noticed.

The shadow watched his partner from the side of his eye as the boy kept looking at his phone for some reason. As if waiting for a call or message.

Now Kuroko wasn't one to pry into other people's personal life but seeing as the person in question was his friend and partner, he felt the need to ask if something was wrong.

"Wrong? N-No, haha, nothing is wrong,"

An obvious lie but Kuroko doesn't point it out. 

At training, coach was busy assessing the freshmen and the regulars waited on the side. This time, Kuroko kept an eye on Kagami who still seemed anxious for some reason. Several of the upperclassmen noticed the redhead's disposition as well and as his seniors, they thought it best to confront their kouhai in case he was in trouble.

Koganei was the first to speak.

"Ano, is everything alright Kagami-kun? You seem to be really anxious today," the cat-faced boy said.

Kagami blinked and immediately went on tsundere mode, "What are you talking about? I'm fine."

"If there's something bothering you, you can talk to us you know. We're your senpais," Izuki said in a sincere tone. 

"Yes! Stop thinking you can handle everything on your own brat!" Hyuga nearly shouted. 

Kagami's eye twitched.

'These guys really had it all wrong.'

Not that he didn't appreciate the care, but the reason for his distress wasn't the easiest to tell. He couldn't exactly tell them he was worried about his girlfriend and child who were alone at home. All hell would break loose.

"I'm honestly fine," he insisted. 

They were about to ask more when they heard a loud notification.

In a flash, Kagami whipped out his cellphone from his bag and tapped on the screen. Soon, his previously anxious face eased out into a soft smile which actually startled the group.

'Oh my gosh! He's smiling!'

'It's not the I-want-to-win-badly smile but an affectionate one.'

'Did the sun rise in the west today?'

"Okay, gather around!" Riko's loud voice cut through the air dispelling the stunned atmosphere. Kagami put away his phone and quickly jogged towards the court with the other boys who soon forgot what happened once they started training.

The phone screen held a picture of Gwen holding Shion with both of them smiling at the camera.

--Home--

"Tadaima," Kagami called from the door. He entered the apartment closing the door behind him and removed his shoes before placing on slippers.

"Okaeri, Taiga," A sweet voice replied. 

Kagami walked into the living room and saw his girlfriend, her black hair tied up in a messy bun, playing with Shion who was laying in his chair.

Gwen turned around to greet him and when he bent down, she grabbed his face and gave a large peck on his lips before smiling against it.

Kagami's ear tips turned red but he didn't push her away and gave a small peck back. 

"How was school?" Gwen asked.

"It was okay,"

Kagami bent down to pick up his son who cooed at him and blinked his large eyes. Kagami smiled and said, "Happy to see daddy?"

"Ooo~"

"I'll take that as a yes,"

Kagami cradled the little doppelganger before placing him back. When Kagami looked at his son, he felt incredibly warm and tingly inside. It was a feeling much better than when he played basketball.

The feeling of fatherhood.

Who would've thought he'd be a teenage dad? Technically speaking, Kagami had close to zero experience with women (or dating for that matter) aside from his perverted mentor and gorilla-like coach. All the boy ever thought about was basketball but ever since the party and pregnancy, Kagami's seemingly small worldview expanded.

While he was still a basketball maniac, his attitude was a lot calmer than before. Last year, when he first came to Seirin, he was still an idiotic hothead who acted on impulse but the birth of his son brought a sense of maturity and responsibility in him.

He realized that now he had a family, he needed to change.

And that's what he did. He tried his best to take care of Gwen and Shion as a proper boyfriend and father. In addition, he even took online classes during vacation to make up for his failing grades from the previous year.

Had he been told to study before, Kagami would've brushed it off and said that all he needed to do was get in the NBA. There was no need for grades. 

But now, he realized that life was very unpredictable and in case of the slim chance something happened to him rendering him unable to play, he needed a backup plan. Or rather, a degree to be precise. And, well, the only way to get a degree was to pass high school and go to university.

His change in attitude was sure to shock his teammates but...that was something to worry about later.