♡6♡

"We're having a what now?" Kagami gaped at a smirking Riko. The rest of the Seirin team wore similar expressions.

"A training camp with the generation of miracles and their schools," the female coach repeated. She continued, "After the Winter Cup, the officials decided to sponsor a proper training camp to cater for the six top schools. A bit biased in my opinion but it's a good opportunity for us."

"That...is true," Hyuga reluctantly agreed.

"It's going to be chaos," Koganei whispered to Mitobe. The silent giant nodded.

As the boys broke out into excited and nervous discussions, Kagami was by himself on the side internally conflicted. 

'The training camp is three weeks. I can't leave Gwen that long.'

"Kagami-kun," Kuroko approached the boy.

Kagami flinched and sent a mild glare at the shorter boy. Can't he appear normally?

"What are you going to do about Gwen-san?" Kuroko inquired. "Have you spoken to coach about it yet?"

"Spoken to me about what?"

The duo turned to see their coach looking up at them with a tilted head. But before they could answer, Riko suddenly remembered very crucial information she had forgotten.

"Crap, I totally forgot Kagami-kun," She slapped her forehead, "But I can't just cancel our trip and you'll be required to stay with us."

"Is there anything you can do? I can't just leave them at home," Kagami nearly begged. 

Riko bit her lip and thought for a while. The solutions to the problem were limited but the most doable would be to invite Gwen to the camp with them. 

"But would the other coaches and officials even allow that?" Kuroko asked. 

Riko was unsure, "I don't know but I know how much they value Kagami-kun. If...If we tell them the whole story, they might consider it. I'll ask my dad to put in a word but - will you be okay with everyone finding out, Kagami-kun?"

"I..." Kagami let out a sigh, "I suppose so. It's not like I can hide it forever."

"Hide what forever?"

The three froze and turned to see Izuki and Hyuga behind them with curious expressions.

"What are you guys talking about?" Izuki asked.

Uh...

Riko looked at Kagami silently probing him to give an answer. Kuroko did the same. 

Kagami grimaced at the two of them before turning to his two seniors with a complicated gaze.

"It's about my family," he stated rubbing his neck. "I've been keeping a secret from the team - only coach and Kuroko know of it but I can't hide it anymore,"

"Is it something bad? Are you in some kind of trouble?" asked the eagle-eye boy. His voice held an undertone of worry.

Kagami pursed his lips, "I wouldn't say it's bad but..."

"It's complicated," Kuroko finished for him. Riko nodded her head in agreement.

Hyuga and Izuki gave them weird looks, utterly confused. What could Kagami possibly be hiding?

--The Next Day--

"So...any idea what the big secret is?" Koganei swung a hand around Furihata's shoulders. 

The younger boy shook his head, "Coach didn't say anything except it has something to do with Kagami."

"I wonder what happened this time," Kawahara mumbled.