♡3♡

--School--

"Ahem, ano, can I talk to you for a moment coach?" Kagami stiffly asked. 

Riko was in the middle of organizing the team's data when the Seirin ace interrupted her. Looking up at him, his face was awkward and scrunched while his tone was full of uncertainty. She raised an eyebrow and said;

"How can I help you Kagami-kun?"

The boy rubbed the back of his head and replied, "Actually, I was hoping we could talk someplace more private. It's a matter I can't exactly say out loud."

Oh? Now, this is unusual.

Riko studied his face before nodding and signaled for the boys to continue practicing while she and the redhead made their way to the back of the gym. While there, Riko crossed her arms and looked at him with a curious gaze.

"So, what's wrong?"

Kagami was visibly nervous and hesitated to speak. Luckily Riko was in a good mood today and patiently waited for him to gather his thoughts before he spoke.

After thinking for a while, he finally straight out said it.

"I-I'm...a father,"

"...." Riko blinked and rubbed her ear, "Sorry, I think I misheard you."

"You didn't mishear, I'm...a dad,"

"...Like a dad dad? Like a father-dad?"

"Y-Yeah. I have a child,"

"...I see,"

3....2....1

Inside the gym, the boys were running laps when they heard a loud "KAGAMI YOU BASTARD!!"

Suffice to say she got the wrong idea. Riko tackled the boy to the ground and proceeded to Boston crab hold him.

"ARGH!! W-Wait coach!! You got the wrong idea!!!" Kagami cried.

"HA?! So you didn't get a girl pregnant?!"

"W-Well I did but--ARGH!! Wait! It was an accident!!" 

It was a good thing they were outside otherwise the boys would have heard their conversation. Aside from Riko's earlier screech, their voices came out muffled through the doors so the team inside did not hear anything else.

Besides, no one was willing to check out the situation after hearing their demon coach and could only pray that Kagami didn't die.

He didn't...thankfully.

Riko finally gave the poor boy a chance to explain himself and that's when he told her the full story from how it happened to what is happening now.

"...which brings me to the reason I asked to see you. I'd like to be excused early from practice from now on," said Kagami with a strained voice.

After hearing the story, Riko was incredibly shocked at how brutal a simple prank was and felt bad about her actions of jumping to conclusions. Her pride of course didn't allow her to apologize so instead, she readily agreed to his request.

"Of course Kagami-kun. I'll be lying if I said I'm not proud of you taking responsibility and you should know that I'll be here if you need anything. The guys will be here too but...when do you plan on telling them?"

Kagami sighed, "I honestly don't know. They'll be a pain in the ass once they find out."

"They will but while they are your teammates, they are also your family in a way. If you're worried they'll judge you, I promise they won't. If they do, I'll personally beat them up," she raised her fist for emphasis. 

Kagami let out a snort but felt thankful that Riko was understanding.

"So...Kagami-kun, is she pretty?" Riko wiggled her eyebrows. As expected, Kagami's face turned a bright red and he muttered a small 'en' before scampering back into the gym hearing Riko's laughter behind him.

--Home--

"My coach agreed," Kagami told Gwen while the two were relaxing on his large cushions. The two had just put Shion to sleep after his crying fit and decided to rest while watching some tv.

"You told her everything? How'd she take it?"

"Aside from nearly killing me at first and calling me bastard, she understood and even offered her assistance in case we needed anything after I told her the full story,"

Gwen burst out laughing and Kagami glared at her and raised his hands to tickle her sides. She squealed and fell back on the cushions struggling to get away before she was overcome by uncontrollable giggles.

"Still want to laugh at me?" Kagami threatened as he attacked her sides.

"N-Nooo, l-let me-e goo! Ahahaha, I'm s-sorry!" she cried between her laughs.

He only relented when there were tears in her eyes as she glared hatefully at him from her position.

"You bully," she sniffed. 

Her flushed face and pouting lips made her look simply too adorable in Kagami's eyes and he couldn't help but lean down and steal a long deep kiss from her. She didn't respond for a minute acting mad at him but with a bit more coaxing from him, she started kissing back.

For clarification, Kagami WAS aware of the female body having suffered through years of seeing his naked mentor and he wasn't as innocent as people pinned him to be.

Like every other adolescent, he'd had 'the talk' but at the time, his mind was completely overrun by basketball and the thought of women and relationships never really sprouted in his mind. In a way, he was still learning how to 'please a woman' but he was learning rather quickly with his growing relationship.

He really did love Gwen. It took him a while to realize it but when he did, it was like a whole new world was opened to him. Every time he looked at her, his heart speed raced and he felt butterflies in his stomach. His chest filled with warmth when he watched her with their baby and if that wasn't love, then he didn't know what was.

During their hot make-out session, his hand slid down to squeeze her butt and she let out a small moan allowing his tongue to invade her mouth. Gwen's hand reached out to stroke and tug at his red hair inciting a low groan from him.

Kagami's hand left her butt and reached through her t-shirt to stroke her flat stomach making her gasp. But before he could go further, Shion decided to awaken from his slumber and let out a loud cry.

Hearing their child, the two stopped and slowly pulled away both sporting flushed faces. Gwen's lips were wet and swollen while Kagami's were in a similar state. They were breathing heavily from a lack of oxygen.

Kagami let go of Gwen gently and let out a frustrated grunt before going to coax his son. 

He picked up the baby from the cot and muttered, "Little runt, you just don't want mommy and daddy to have alone time."

"Ooaaoo~"

"What? Was I lying? You are a little runt,"

Kagami felt a soft chop to the back of his head and he turned to see Gwen's amused face.

"Don't call our son a runt, Taiga. If he's a runt, then you're a brute,"

"Wha- a brute?! Oi!"

Gwen ignored his offended face and took the little rice ball away before sticking out her tongue at him in a teasing manner and laughing.

Kagami struggled to stay angry seeing her laugh and soon, his lips tipped up into a grin.