♡4♡

Time passed by and the weeks were building up to the Inter-high preliminaries. 

Kagami had been working extra hard in private ever since Riko gave him the go-to to leave school early. And at the time she announced his early leave, all his teammates were taken aback.

The excuse was for 'family stuff' which none questioned cause...why would coach lie? At the same time, Riko gestured for no one to question the redhead as it wasn't any of their business and Kagami would tell them when the time was right.

While the team accepted this, they couldn't help but be curious. It was a well-known fact that the redhead hardly ever talked about his family and the team only knew he had a rich consultant father.

Kagami felt guilty not giving the whole truth and even more guilty when he saw Kuroko's worried gaze.

The more he thought about it, the more he realized that Kuroko wasn't just any friend. He was his best friend and dare say his bro. Kuroko opened up to him last year because he felt Kagami was his close friend. So, Kuroko should be an exemption right?

Making up his mind, he decided to invite Kuroko over to his apartment for an official introduction. He first asked Gwen for her opinion and luckily, she was all for it. In fact, she's been very interested in meeting Kagami's friends, especially this Kuroko guy he always bragged about.

And so, Kagami asked the boy at training on late Wednesday afternoon.

"Oi Kuroko, you busy this Saturday?" his tone was as rude as ever. Basically, he only ever spoke nicely if he was talking to Gwen or Shion.

Kuroko was in the middle of wiping his sweat when Kagami spoke to him. He placed the towel down and replied, "I should be. Why?"

"You...uh..wanna come over for dinner?" he asked awkwardly. And before Kuroko could say anything, Kagami continued, "There's someone I want to introduce you to."

'Someone who he wants to introduce to me?' thought Kuroko. "Is this someone the reason you've been going home early?"

"Yeah,"

Kuroko pondered for a minute. In all honesty, he felt quite happy that Kagami was finally going to open up to him and suddenly felt quite excited for the coming weekend. Though, his expression remained blank.

"What time should I be there?" he asked.

Kagami's eyes lit up, "Half-past five."

"Very well. I look forward to it," Kuroko said. His lips tipped up to show a small grin.

--Saturday--

Kagami was nervous.

Very nervous.

He and Gwen put in extra effort to clean the apartment and he decided to cook lasagna instead of a Japanese dish. The two had the place in tip-top shape by the time 5.30 came around and the lasagna was in the oven.

And right on time, the doorbell rang.

"Shit, he's here," Kagami muttered. He walked to the door and took a deep breath before opening it.

Looking down, the blue-haired boy greeted him.

"Good evening Kagami-kun,"

"Hi Kuroko. Thanks for coming,"

Kuroko held up a bag which Kagami only just noticed. "I brought a cake,"

Kagami blinked, "Oh, thanks. I'll put it in the fridge for when we're ready. For now...you can come in."

Kuroko and his observant eyes picked up on the taller boy's nervousness.

"Kagami-kun, is everything alright?" he asked taking off his shoes.

Kagami coughed and scratched the back of his head.

"Um...that is....well the thing is..." he stammered a response before sighing, "Look, what you're going to see...try not to be too shocked."

Kuroko grew confused but followed his light into the apartment and stopped. Kuroko's eyes immediately landed on the beautiful foreign girl sitting on one of the cushions holding a baby that had a little too much resemblance to the tall boy in front of him.

"Ahem," Kagami cleared his throat and the girl turned around, "Gwen, this is Kuroko, the guy I was telling you about. And Kuroko, this is Gwen...my girlfriend."

Kuroko bowed slightly, "Nice to meet you Gwen-san."

Gwen stood up and walked closer with a smile, "It's nice to meet you too Kuroko-kun. Taiga's told me so much about you."

Kagami felt the tips of his ears turn red.

Kuroko gave a small smile and his gaze soon drifted the elephant of the room. Or in this case, the baby elephant.

"Ah, er, this is Shion. Kagami Shion. O-Our child," Kagami finally said.

"..."

Kuroko just stood there staring.

"K-Kuroko?"

"Kagami-kun...you..." Kuroko looked at the boy, "I can't believe you did this to the poor girl."

"OI! Why the hell does everyone assume it's my fault?!"

"I don't see how it isn't,"

"Kuroko you bastard,"

"No swearing in front of the baby," Gwen glared at her boyfriend. He flinched and apologized, "My bad."

"Kagami-kun..."Kuroko looked at Kagami with a serious gaze. At least it looked serious but you can never really tell with him.

"Haaiz, I guess I should tell you how it happened,"

"I'm very curious indeed. From my experience and knowledge, you are clueless about girls,"

"Kuroko, you're a real d-ahem jerk, you know that?"

"Pfft, he's not wrong you know," Gwen snorted. "Taiga really is hopeless when it comes to women."

"My condolences Gwen-san,"

"Stop talking like I'm not here!" Kagami nearly growled.

Gwen and Kuroko shared a look. It was simply too entertaining to tease the redhead.

"Kyaaoo!"

The trio's attention was drawn towards the little rice ball in Gwen's arms who had his mouth open making funny sounds. His big eyes blinked at the newcomer as if asking 'where did this guy come from?'.

"Looks like you want attention too, eh my baby? You see this? This is your uncle Kuroko," Gwen spoke in English towards the baby and pointed at Kuroko.

Kuroko could only make out a couple of words but he guessed she was introducing him to the rice ball.

When Kuroko's eyes met the child's, his lips moved into a soft smile. 

This kid really was adorable. Nothing like his father.

From the kitchen came a 'ding' sound signaling that the oven was ready. Gwen said she would bring out the lasagna and handed Shion over to his father before walking into the kitchen.

Receiving the child, Kagami immediately went into 'father mode' and held the little body gently against his chest whilst swaying his body and gently tapping the babe's back. 

Kuroko saw a different side of his friend. A side he thought he would never see and despite everything, his heart warmed at the sight.

"It seems you're a good dad, Kagami-kun," Kuroko said. His voice held sincerity. 

Kagami heard it and forced a smile away from his lips.

"Tch, of course I'm good," he mumbled with embarrassment.

Tsundere.