Grenades

JINX'S POV

     "Are you sure you're okay?" Ven asks me again, to which I reassure her I'm perfectly fine, which was obviously a lie. "I know you aren't, but I won't pester you about it anymore." She said and quietly hummed to herself.

     "25." I spat out, just now realizing what she had asked me before. She looked at me with a confused face. "25 grenades, you wanted to know how many we needed right?" I asked, she responded with humming.

     "Well, that's a bummer, looks like we will be making grenades.. we only have 19." She said, and I immediately grabbed the stuff at my desk and set it out for me and her. She walked over and sat down, pulling a chair next to her, motioning for me to sit next to her. I sat down and started on the base of the grenade, while she did what she was best at, wiring them. I watched as Ven's hands moved so effortlessly, watching her wire anything was like being hypnotized.

     "Are you going to work on the base of the grenade or just sit and admire my wiring skills?" She said out of nowhere, snapping me out of my trance. It was the second time already and it hadn't even been 15 minutes yet.

     "Oh, ehem, yeah just.." I look up at her face and she's still doing her wiring, but silently laughing a little, ".. wait, are those.. my glasses?" I question, and that's when her giggles become audible. "Oooh, so that's what you were laughing about.."

     "You were staring at me long enough to know that? I'm flattered." She said and I just stuttered. "I mean, I can take them off if you want me to."

     "What? No!" I said loudly as she looked up at me. "I meant no, as in they look cute on you, so keep them." I tried to fix the situation but she just hummed and laughed.

     "So you think I'm cute?" She looked up at me with her eyes, then starting inching towards me. I couldn't even speak, I could only stare. "Relax, Jinxie, just messin' with you." She said and playfully punched my knee. I let out a nervous giggle and sighed, hurrying and trying to get the base done.

     "Done, are you done yet?" She asks and looks over at me, I replied with a simple 'Nope'. She got up, I wondered what she was doing, but I didn't want to look away and already lose more progress. Suddenly I felt a pair of hands go on each of my shoulders. "That's okay, I don't mind watching." She said. It was hard to do it with her right next to me, but it's even harder when she right on me.. Why did I feel this way? We're just childhood friends who miss each other a lot. That's it.

YOUR POV..

     I saw a flustered Powder and decided to take advantage of it. It was so funny when we were little, I loved giving her little compliments about her drawings, and watch her get all embarrassed and red.

     I rested my hands on her shoulders and decided I was okay with watching this time. I felt her tense up, and her breathing get quicker, but she was still red just like when we were little. I laughed a little, then let go.. But, why did I not want to let go..? It was just a funny thing from when we were little, right? That has to be it.

     "Your place is cool, I like the decorations.." I said, and she let out a small 'Thanks'.. "But you know what would be even cooler...?" She replied with a quick hmm.. I grabbed a firework and lit it. I grab her by the hands, and lead her over to where it will go off. I see she looks a little worried, so I pull her into a loose hug. The firework goes off and neon blue and pink particles shine everywhere, falling onto us as well. "Isn't it pretty, Jinxie?" 

     "I love it.." She stared into the air, her mouth being on the floor basically, giving me flashbacks to when I first showed her my grenades. "And.. why do you keep calling me Jinxie?" She asks me. 

     "Well, if you don't like it-" Before I could finish, I was cut off.

     "No, no! I love it, I was just wondering, but it's okay, keep calling me it.." She quickly says. I can only laugh at her response. After showing her the fireworks, I walk back over to where we had the grenades, and put the stuff in the base so it'll be complete. I look back and Powder's a little red, standing in the same spot and just staring.

     "You okay, Jinx?" I ask and she looks back at me so fast I'm almost worried for her neck. She responds by just coming up to me and hugging me tightly. I'm surprised at first, then I hug back. She repeats over and over again how much she missed me, and if she had the chance, she never would've left me. I stay silent and rub her back as she cries. Then someone walks in.

(A/N soooo, how're we liking it so far? anything i should switch up?)