Chapter 13: like a cold bucket of water

Jimin had been pacing back and forth, anxiously heaving his chest and releasing a sigh as he kept on stringing the words in his mind though losing them halfway because he thinks none of them fit right, none of them were enough to convince Jungkook.

He felt like a boy in love again, composing a stupid love letter that he may or may not have spent all night trying to pour into a piece of paper everything that his heart contains, but no words could give them justice but he still writes anyway – because he can't speak them, he's too goddamn shy in front of his crush.

But this time he wasn't a boy anymore nor most likely he could write them, if Jungkook wanted sincerity, he needs to speak them out loud. It was down to fight or flight and Jimin may have chose the former considering how he was now clutching his phone tightly as it rang, and any moment now with the intensity of emotions flaring into him he might throw the phone and quit halfway until –

"Hello?"

Then, the flaring emotions had gone straight to his heart and set it ablaze, no hopes in extinguishing because the voice on the other line had reassured everything will go down into flames.

He positioned the phone in his ears, still breathless, it kind of felt funny how after years of being deprived of these feelings – the feeling of love and being in love, it still rendered him weak and the intensity was still like it is probably a hundred more times stronger.

"Jimin? Hello?"

I love you, he wanted to say. Or maybe he did? That it came out gargled and Jungkook was left to a wonder what Jimin said on the other line.

"Is this a wrong call? I'll hang up–"

"No, don't!"

"What is it, Jimin?" Jungkook asked, sounding annoyed. "What do you need?"

Well, that was straight to the point. No pep talks, no 'what are you doing? :)', hell no I miss you even. But that was Jimin asking too much anyway.

"U...uh, i-it's just-"  Stop stuttering like a fool, Park Jimin! He wanted to knack himself in the head with his clenched knuckles at his frustration.

"If you don't hurry up, I'll have to end this call. I still have work left to do,"

"It's just that, I've told something about spending time with you guys –"

"Yeah?"

"I want to invite you over, don't worry, it's not public – I've learned already."

"Well, I've already told you, it's not my choice to make anymore, I'll have to confide this with Jikook - if he agrees then you have my yes as well." Jungkook told him honestly.

"Oh okay, then please let me know if he agrees."

Jungkook hummed on the other line, letting Jimin know he acknowledged what he said.

"If that's all Jimin, then I'll end the call." He said in a hurry.

"Oh, by the way, about the other day I'm so-"

Beep. Beep. Beep. He had ended the call. Jungkook didn't even wait for an answer if he still got to say something left – he just ended it. It was harsh and Jimin knew Jungkook was being distant, he was acting all nice towards him because Jikook is there to look at them, and he knew Jungkook wouldn't do something that could influence JIkook badly, he had to act as the role model for his son.

The pang of hurt rushed to his senses, alerting his body of the pain – he clutches his chest at the feeling, he should've grown numb with this already, but he can't. And the fact that it still always feel new because it was all his first time experiencing the degree of Jungkook's attitude like this , unlike during the years they were together – it still holds him astonished.