Chapter 9: fears

Jungkook heard it clearly, even went as far as realizing the underlying tone behind the question that left Jimin's mouth – and the fact that he had known him for years, witnessing the depth of his personality and traits, he knew what that implied.

He was jealous.

The green-eyed monster had crept its way to Jimin, at least that's Jungkook's assumption. But he acted as if he didn't hear anything from Jimin, nonchalantly taking back his arm and turning around leaving the question unanswered.

Jimin took him back, grabbing his arm, and switching their places. Now, Jimin was blocking Jungkook's way looking determined enough to get an answer out of Jungkook. "Jungkookie, who is he?"

"What is it to you?"

"You don't have a lover, don't you?"

"Again, what is it to you, Jimin?" Jungkook took his arm back, mumbling something under his breath, "it doesn't concern you if I do."

Jungkook slipped past Jimin before the older could even think of it, because it just won't sink in. Is it him - Jungkook's new lover?

But he couldn't believe it! For all he knew, Jungkook didn't have a lover because he would have seen him. He would have been with him every day...a-and...he would be taking care of Jikook.

Damn! His knuckles instinctively crumbled, aching to hit something at the thought of that. He didn't like someone taking his place.

While, Jin stood there while Jikook was tucked in his arms, the little boy giggling happily as Jin tickled him and threatened not to stop if he doesn't kiss him properly on the cheek. Jikook's laughter filled the tense air. "Jin-hyung! Stop!"

"Not unless you give me my kiss,"

"Y-yes! Hyung! I will!" Jikook managed to agree despite the catching his breath from the tickling session, with his tiny fingers and held Jin's face and blew a kiss on the right side of his cheek. "There!" But Jin didn't keep his promise and kept on tickling Jikook, emerging another eruption of laughter and giggles from the tiny boy and Jungkook halted for a moment, his lips turning into a full grin at the sight of Jikook radiating with happiness in Jin's arms.

Snap!

It seemed like a cue, making Jin stop his actions and turn his head to the side and as for Jikook his laughter and giggles had subsided and mimicking Jin - he curiously turned to the direction of the sound.

Jimin had apparently stepped on a twig, but it didn't look accidental, given by how loud the sound was made, it was out of a strong force that acted upon it. Jimin looked deadly serious, his eyes trained on Jin and Jikook, he didn't make any movements but he had established an eye contact with Jin as if trying to say something as a warning.

Jungkook noticed it first, the tension between them engulfing him and triggering the urge to stop it from growing and that's what he did, he broke off the growing tension behind those gazes. "Jikook-ah, are you hungry?" He gulped the air was choking him, feeling it form a lump in his throat. Why was he feeling like this?

"Yes, appa! I want fried chicken!"

"Oh!" Jin huffed, "I know a great fried chicken store near here. I'm a frequent customer. We can go there, my treat."

"Alright, let's go then," Jungkook agreed, taking Jikook by the boy's hand who had rejoiced the moment both adults agreed.

"Uh, Jungkook," Jin hesitantly called out.

"Yeah?"

"What about him?" Jin pertained to Jimin using his lips.

Jungkook looked strucked, oh yeah.