Chapter 20: bleeding love

[ j u n g k o o k ]

He stood in front of me, looking at me so intently as if I've done something so wrong. The gaze propagated for a few seconds before his features turned harsher and he grabbed the bottle from my hand.

He finished the bottle, drinking it all like it was just water, before setting the bottle back down at the table. "Let's go," He grabbed my hand so secured making me no room to let go.

"I h-haven't paid!" I said, trying to glare at him despite my tired eyes.

He pulled out his wallet, fishing a stack of bills before setting it down on the table and proceeded to drag me out of the tent.

"L-let me go!" I yanked my hand away from him so hard, I stumbled forward but he was quick onto his toes and he had grabbed me by my waist and my body landed on his chest whilst keeping me secured by his arm wrapped around my waist.

"I can't believe I'm seeing you drink now," Jimin said, but I caught onto the disappointment in his tone. It angered me, how dare he? He doesn't have the right to be disappointed in me rather I should be the one to.

"Courtesy of you," I retorted back. I crossed my arms, cocking a brow at him, "why are you even here?"

"You sent me a text." Jimin stood broodingly at the side.

"Oh my god! That wasn't meant for you! Don't you even know how to read?!" I belted out, god, so I drunk texted him thinking it was Dean, and he really had the audacity to come here.

"I'm going to take you home. I have to make sure you do. I can't leave you out here drunk."

"Whether I can go home on my own or not, is none of your business, Jimin."

"It's my business!" He exclaimed, the expression on his face turning incredibly sour, looks like I've set the right buttons again. "I have to make sure you get home safe, I don't need someone taking advantage of you in your drunken state. I can't walk away knowing you can't even walk straight, knowing how vulnerable you are out here."

He went beside me and scooped me into his arms, I hollered at the sudden uplifting, I tried to wiggle from his hold but damn, Jimin was strong. He really didn't work out for nothing. He set me down on the passenger seat of his car while he turns all the way round to go to the driver's seat. The engine roared to life but none of us spoke, Jimin was angry alright. He never spoke when he is, and I don't even know what to say.

I can't even keep up an argument with him in my state. My mind was hazy all I'm aware was him right now, I looked at him. My mind felt like the old clock in my bedroom, busted and broken, unable to point which words is right enough, or unable to point a word at all. I've thought of a starting phrase, but my mind boomed, the effect of the alcohol intensifying as the moment stretched longer.

The scent of the orange air freshener hit my nostrils and lungs, and god I just want to savour the freaking smell. I sagged onto the seat, deciding not to speak and focused on the smell. I looked at the air freshener, the wind kept blowing but it felt all too hot. I popped a few buttons on my shirt and threw my jacket to the backseat of Jimin's car.

"God damn it," I heard Jimin curse on the side. "You shouldn't have drunk at all! You never drink! Youu've never been one to hold alcohol. And fuck, the smell doesn't fit you."

"So who cares?"

"I do! I hate that smell on you, it buries your scent! It doesn't feel right at you. Stop drinking,"

I tsked in disapproval, closing my eyes and rubbing my neck. I could feel the anger rising again, he's being that kind again – too demanding, too controlling, and too annoying. The anger mixing with the feeling of heat radiating from the alcohol on my system, it felt bad. Terrible, even.