4

M A Y

The next day when I have that same class again, I tap the classroom door six times before entering the classroom only to see him sitting in his seat again.

I turn back around and exit the classroom and make my way to the library again.

When the lesson is over I make my way to the empty classroom and take a seat in Owen's desk again.

Six days. I can now sit in my original seat from next time.

When I make my way out of the classroom, tapping on the classroom door six times once again, I bump into to someone and my phone falls down.

Why do I keep bumping into to people?

I look up to see who I bumped into and yet again I see Owen looking at me, and then I look down at my phone.

Shit. I can't pick it up like this. I need to clean it first. As I think about what to do, I see him out of the corner of my eye pull something out of his pocket and then he starts bending down.

He couches and picks up my phone with a tissue and my eyes widen.

He holds out my phone to me and I take it using the tissue paper.

I smile at him and he turns to walk away, leaving me in the hallway.

I follow a little behind as I make my way to the washroom to wash my hands and to clean off my phone with the wipes I have.

Before I can exit the hallway I hear four taps and look back to see Owen shutting his locker.

I stand there and stare to see if he does anything else.

He checks the lock once and turns to leave but pauses. He then checks the lock again.

And again.

And again. 

He checks the lock four times.

Before he can leave his eyes meet mine. Like he knew I was watching him. His lips look amused as I realize and my lips twitch to smile.

I tap the wall next to me six times, loud enough for him to hear and he smiles, shaking his head as we carry on what we were supposed to be doing.