Bahrain testing and the race(8)

The next day, we headed to Bahrain to prepare for testing, which was just a day away.

Testing was fun, the steering was smooth, handling was awesome,
Handling was awesome, no problems with the car at all, and I went back to my hotel satisfied.

A few days later was Race Day. I could feel the tension in the air as we ran qualifying. Lewis had pole and I had P2.

As I waited for them to push the car to the grid, Alex and I went over the strategy one more time.

Soon, the team began to clear off the grid, and the formation lap started.

1st light, my hand weighed heavy on the clutch.

2nd light. Adrenaline ran through my veins.

3rd light. My eyes shut briefly.

4th light. The world begins to slow.

5th light turns red, and the audience holds its breath...

I get the perfect start, immediately over taking Lewis. 

But as we get to turn 1 he overtakes me again. I go very wide, losing to Max and Lando. I am now 4th. Going into turn 2, I go round the outside and make a move on Norris. Next was Max. Magnus said over the radio" gap to Max 7.238 seconds" "Okay thanks" I replied.

" Gap to Max: .983 seconds." Now 7 laps were over, and my softs were really worn out.
We went for the undercut strategy.A lap later, I was on fresh hards.
I begun to close the gap.

Soon I was just behind Max. He entered the pit lane and I overtook him.
Now just 4 laps remain.

2 laps later I was attacking Lewis. But man, does he know how to defend.
The last lap started and we raced hard. The second last corner came, I was on the inside. The last corner, I was slightly ahead of Lewis. It remained that way till the chequered flag. I had won.