Chapter.9

I sat down by the door and grabbed my head the whole room was spinning. "Taylor did you throw that or was it" I stopped mid sentence and thought about it. That's impossible I don't have telekinesis so it couldn't of been me. She came around the corner and started to laugh. "Taylor be serious did you throw that?" I asked her in a firm yet gentle voice. She just kept laughing, "this is why I love you" she paused to catch her breath "you're so clueless". I stared at her with confusion "huh?" When I said that she started to laugh even harder. "Oh my god just answer the question!". She paused and looked at me "no I did not throw it". I must have given her a super frightened look because she quickly explained what happened. "Jack you are the one who basically well tossed the case at her" I stood up "what?!" She came closer to me "Jack I need to show you something" she grabbed my arm and took me into my bedroom. She sat me down on my bed and told me to wait there. I started fiddling with my fingers, she walked over to my closet and reached in. That was weird because I almost literally never went into my closet, at least not the one in my room. "Jack I know you're going to freak out but ugh there is no easy way to show you this" I turned my head to the side as she pulled out a white sheet with something in it. She set the thing on the floor and uncovered the sheet, when I saw what was under the covers I froze. It was me, I was under the covers... my cold stiff body was there just laying down. "OH MY GOD IS THAT ME HOLY FUCKING CHRIST AM I DEAD?!?!" I screamed at Taylor with extreme confusion rage and other emotions that I couldn't control. "Yes Jack when you took those pills... well they killed you okay that's where I'm going to leave it" she took a breath and continued talking "well just turn around okay". "I'm so cold", "I'm so lonely" I heard a faint voice whisper. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared, shivers went down my spine as my head tried to wrap around what was happening, I slowly turned around. My face turned paler and paler as I kept turning around. It seemed like I was spinning in circles but I was just turning to look. As I finally saw what was behind me, my heart stopped. It was myself in the mirror but it wasn't me, the person in the mirror looked more alive than I did but yet more miserable. "Is that?" Taylor seemed to read my mind "yes that's you Jack... you see the thing about ghosts is that whenever they look into a mirror they see their soul, and this is your soul" she walked closet to me "you always seemed more alive and happy then most people but in the end you have always been miserable and unhappy". I started to cry, no it was more of a deep sob... I couldn't wrap my head around things, just when I thought I wanted to be alive it turns out I was already dead. I stopped crying and looked at Taylor "so..." I paused for a moment "I'm dead?" She patted my back and ruffled my hair. "Yeah sorry champ there's really no sugar coating it" I started to laugh "huh?" She asked in confusion "I'm dead!" I screamed out.