Spies

A thunderous crack sounded, and a dishevelled-looking Draco Malfoy appeared behind Hermione and Ron, jumping forward in time to heft up Theo's weight as he slipped out of a tottering Ron's hold.

"Ron, get Luna!" Hermione gasped out, dragging a very limp-looking Theodore Nott with Draco across the brown grass, leaving Ron standing beyond the wards.

Ron just stared, entirely frozen as his gaze jumped from Blaze's slumped form on the rotting wooden slats, to Theo's and back again.

"Ronald!" Hermione screeched, her eyes flashing with panic. "Luna! Now!"

Ron shook his head, then Apparated away. 

Hermione was hyperventilating by the time Draco, and she reached the stairs leading to the wrap-around porch of the lodge. The two of them awkwardly positioned Theo on the wood beside Blaise, both of Draco's friends breathing unsteadily. 

Draco stumbled backwards and tugged at his hair, a frustrated growl torn from his throat. Rust streaked across his forehead and into his silver hair, the blood clearly from the gaping wound on Theo's side that had him ghostly pale and gasping like a fish. 

Hermione fell to her knees and raised her hands over the torn mass of flesh, clothing, and gore. She whispered Healing spells between her hitched breathing, tears staining her grimy cheeks. 

Eloise spared Draco one more glance, before deciding he was going to continue to be useless. She crouched over Blaise and ran her hands all over his body, trying to find where he was injured under the dark fabric of his clothing. With the combination of his dark skin and darker clothes, it was near impossible to find superficial injuries without the aid of touch. 

Blaise groaned softly when she prodded at his thighs and made her way down to his knees, wet blood coating her fingers. 

Eloise recognized the telltale signs of physical torture when she saw them. In a moment of weakness, she turned her head to the side and pressed her mouth and nose into the crook of her left arm in an attempt to quell the urge to gag. She was unsuccessful. She turned her head away from Blaise's prone body, and her stomach lurched. A horrible retching noise came from her as she heaved up nothing. 

She only gave herself that single moment. 

Within the space of another breath, Eloise forced herself to resume her patdown of Blaise's body. As horrible as the intentional bloodletting was, she knew there had to be more than the slices and knicks. 

"Blaise," Eloise breathed, jostling him slightly as she pressed firmly against his sides, "Where does it hurt? Tell me."

He didn't respond. 

"Blaise." 

Eloise felt her stomach drop. She dropped her head nearly flush to the ground to look for any signs of breathing. When his chest didn't move, she let out a string of curses and reached out to check his heart rate, pressing her fingers against his carotid, willing to feel even the faintest flutter. When she didn't register movement, she turned wild eyes on Hermione.

"Blaise's heart isn't beating I need your help."

Hermione had summed a weak glowing rainbow of lights that flickered like a fire in a storm. Her eyebrows were pinched together in pure panic, "I can't - If I stop ... " The look she cast in Draco's direction said it all. 

"Fuck." Eloise swung a leg over Blaise's waist, "Sorry if I break any ribs, Big Boy. I swear it's for a good cause."

She tossed her wand to the side, laced the fingers of her right hand over her left hand, and leaned forward. Time slowed to a crawl. The only thing she was aware of was the rasping numbers she muttered under her breath, counting compressions.