Breathe

Charlie took the space of a moment to tangle his warm hands in the damp strands of her hair as he pushed back against her lips with a fierceness to match Eloise's. They stumbled over the scattered pieces as he backed her against the door that he pressed closed before pressing the length of her body against the wood and iron. 

They were touching everywhere, and yet she couldn't seem to get close enough. She wanted to consume and be consumed, break apart and come back together again, new and bright and shiny. Thinking and breathing were secondary. All she wanted was to exist in Charlie's arms. 

He broke away from her lips and trailed feather-light kisses across her jaw and down her neck. When he found a spot he seemed to particularly enjoy, he nipped at her skin playfully and placed open-mouthed kisses against the skin. 

Eloise's skin was set aflame. She gasped out a string of nonsensical words, trying to drag Charlie by his hair up to meet her lips again, but he let his hands drop to her waist to squeeze as he let his forehead fall to her collarbone. For a long moment, the two of them just stood there and breathed in heaving breaths. 

"Charlie." His name was a plea on her lips, but she didn't even know what she was asking for. All she wanted was respite; a moment to weather the storm in the warmth his presence provided. 

His response was to further burrow his face against her neck, his hot breath puffing out over her skin. When she managed to pull his head up to meet her gaze once more, his eyes were glazed and faraway. He looked like a man who'd been wandering the desert and had finally set his sights on an oasis. 

"Eloise." Her name was a prayer on his lips. 

Like a string clipped, the moment broke apart as they both lurched forward and delved into an open-mouth kiss that had her toes curling and her body flushing hotly. It felt as though a snake slithered through her stomach, setting her tingling and disorientated. 

Charlie was an excellent kisser. The kiss was hungry and insistent, teeth and tongue and desperation. Their mouths glided together in a careful dance with more finesse than Eloise had ever experienced before.

Dizzy with want, she shoved his chest as hard as she could, sending him stumbling backwards. His pale face was flushed in delightfully pink along his cheekbones, and his mouth was red from kisses. While he attempted to get his bearings, she gave no quarter. She remained insistent, ushering him further until he fell back into the mess of sheets and horrible green and pink velvet of the bed she'd not slept in for more than a full day. 

Charlie stared up at her with large eyes as she bracketed his body with her knees and stared down at his large form between her thighs. He seemed to be trying to find words, but he succeeded in doing nothing more than choke on his tongue as he gripped her thighs and blinked like a fool.

"We should probably talk." Her words sounded breathy to her own ears. 

Charlie's eyes dipped as she smoothed her hands up his torso to rest on his chest. His Adam's apple bobbed, and his dark eyes flickered back to her face. "Probably."

"Later." Eloise offered, leaning forward, the length of him stiffening against her left thigh.

"Later." He choked out in agreement. He removed his hands from her thighs and pressed them against the mattress to rise up. Their breath mingled, and his eyes danced back and forth between her eyes and mouth. 

For the first time since meeting, she was taller than him. He didn't seem to mind. His movements were almost reverent as he smoothed his fingers over her hips and under the fabric of her jumper. His fingers were warm against her skin as he skimmed his hands as high as her ribs before his control slipped, and he captured her mouth against his again.