|1.1|

jinx's wings

My feet splashed in the rain puddles as I ran through the dark streets of Ohio. Soaking my black star converse the water sloshed in between my toes. The dim lights shown throughout the whole city, blinking in and out. Even though the little light could barely hurt me I kept my black hood draped around my purple hair.

I kept running until I heard the sirens again, screaming into the night. Looking left and right I searched for a place to hide but there was no where that seemed like a good place. Panting, scared, I checked again and realized I was on the Hall of Fame bridge.

I could either be captured or I could...I looked around a third time. Hang. I could hang off the bridge...The dangerous idea took purpose as I climbed onto the railing and held on. Please don't slip, please don't slip. It felt like I was committing suicide, hanging off of a railing to a bridge at night. It was wet-something I hadn't thought of because of the earlier downpour. Grunting I held on, my grasp was starting to slip now. Pulling myself up just centimeters took up almost all my strength but I saw the flashing of red and blue lights ride off into the night ahead of me now. Even though they were gone I hung for another two long minutes. For safety. I reminded myself. Safety for myself. I slowly climbed back onto the bridge, swinging my left leg ahead of my body and pulling myself up. My arms aching and my hands bleeding and wet I took a shaky breath before I started running again in the night; where stars sparkled and a crescent smile shone into the dark and messed up world.

⌳⌳⌳⌳

It was morning.

Light shone through the cracked walls I was lying in front of. I stood up slowly rubbing my eyes remembering the faint wailing sirens from last night. I had to keep running. Before they found me. I looked at my hands which were currently covered with the dirty leather white gloves I had found behind Plato's Closet.

My hands held a secret, a big one. I had not known until a few days ago. Or was it a week?

I slowly started to take off one glove when it sparked. It was bright purple flash, like when a fire is about to start. My back stung immediately, I had forgotten about the wings. Whenever I took off the gloves the wings felt like it was being stabbed slowly and violently. The power in my hands were connected to my wings...somehow. I gasped loudly as my back stung and quickly pulled the singed glove back on quickly and silently. I looked around to see if I had broke anything, but everything seemed fine and in place. Until I heard a sound, the sound of something struggling to keep up.

Chunks of the ceiling started to fall, boulder after boulder. The ground shook as if an earthquake was taking place, and the building crumbled from the inside on top of me.

On top of my fate.

On top of my secrets.

On top of the hands with magic, sparking underneath the singed gloves.

⌳⌳⌳⌳

"Today on RVN World News we are discovering and interpreting the growing Mutant Menace. Today all of you probably heard the big bang outside of your house. The ground shaking maybe? Well yes, we have sent authorities to check and yes people we have another mutant, a young mutant teenage girl. Who destroyed the old Hall Of Fame stadium in Ohio. Che-"

I moaned as I suddenly heard the sound of the radio signal crackling. I tried to open my eyes...my home had no radio..so where was I? I couldn't open my eyes. It felt as if a snake had left its skins on my eyes;dry and shriveled. My body also was in a similar situation but instead was tingling.