24. Feng Feng is White Tiger

"It has nothing to do with your skill A'Fei," Xie Yun consoled her. 

"I didn't say anything." she remarked without looking over and they kept up a good pace through the forest. They were walking now.

"You have been worried about your rusty skills. First when you felt Master Wen's presence in the room early morning and again this morning."

She said nothing.

"Wither Bloom was made to beat Poxue skills but they can be merged like they are with you right now. Similarly, Xiaoshi was made to beat Wither Bloom but they can also become one," he stopped walking. A'Fei shot forward and stopped a moment later. She turned around but he wasn't looking at her, his mind was far away, "and help with the internal energy problem caused by Xiaoshi."

"What are you thinking?" A'Fei walked back slowly and Xie Yun had time to organize his thoughts.

"Feng Feng is White Tiger. Of that I am certain. When I saw a man that looked like Feng Feng absorbing internal energy from another person, the person aged quickly and withered. It was a forceful method, taking someone's internal energy without their permission is devious and evil. It seems White tiger has managed to manipulate Xiaoshi in other's body as well. If what I think is true, then he would age backwards and be at his primal age. This is the reason he looks the same as when I saw him."

"What else did you see in that place?"

"Soon after he collected the other person's qi, he was surrounded. There were people following them. His qi so he killed many of those people after him. But it depleted quickly. He vanished from thin air but he would flicker here and there. His qi was unstable."

"What Wen Yang said made sense. Feng Feihui probably used Wen Yang's sister as a medium for safe transfer of qi. While it helped the White Tiger in the long turn, it took a toll on the woman as her qi was assaulted and manipulated multiple times to be used for transfers."

"Is there where you learned to see through his disguise?"

"No. After I left the forest, I was poisoned. When the masters sealed my internal energy along with the poison, I wanted to go back to the Forest of Stars in hopes for a solution. I knew the masters wouldn't approve of it. Perhaps there was a way to access my internal energy without affect the poison. When I came back, I could just see it. Even if I couldn't access the large amount of internal energy, it was a part of my vitals. I could just see a faint movement in the air or the walls."

"But you didn't meet him." A'Fei concluded for Feng Feng did not seem to recognize Xie Yun.

He nodded, "Feng Feihui is mad. He inflicts pain just because he enjoys it. What was to say that he wouldn't take the large amount of internal energy that was locked in my body for himself."

A'Fei nodded in understanding. She had guessed pretty much. Now was the matter of Feng Feng. Everything the boy, the man, or whatever his real age was, did, made sense now. It made her uneasy, like an oncoming annoyance.

"Feng Feng followed us from the very beginning. You did point out that he looked the same which put him on guard from you. He always pretended to run away but he was always there when we were attacked. In the inn, the stooges never retreated even though they weren't getting there way. Lackeys are always the one to retreat in a loosing situation but they did not."

"Because Feng Feng was there." Xie Yun voiced her thoughts.

"They are afraid of him." A'Fei looked up at Xie Yun with vastness of the realization falling upon her and anger rising within her with every passing moment.

"But why did he proposed marriage?"

Xie Yun's demeanor changed. He smirked and folded his arms, leaning against a nearby tree. "this won't be the first time someone was taken by Heroine Zhou."